This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Look what the Kat dragged in...  (Read 4347 times)

Offline Gwydion Frost

• Boot
  • The Cold and Cryptic One?
    • Third World Network?
Look what the Kat dragged in...
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »
Greetings and Salutations, everyone.

I bumped into "Kathy" on a support forum, and I told her I'd give you all a hand with some tweaks that she mentioned she wanted to do, to help organize and streamline your lovely site.

Best way to do that was join your community, else I'd be spending all my time working with you all through a third party site, and dammit, that's just silly.

Some things about me:

Avid Historical Buff, attending things like Renn Faires... but although I know Reenactors, I've never had the pleasure of joining them [was asked a few times when I was in VA.]. I think my hesitancy in doing so comes from a natural distaste for an agonizing prolonged death face down in red clay mud. I'm sure you can sympathize. ;)

Aspiring Media Mogul... running my website [link can be found on my profile] that covers everything entertainment [from industry to original creative works] in every aspect [from music to movies to literary to arts]. In fact, the entrepanuer in me drools at the possibilities of having some of your members here reviewing historical films, series, and books, or even publishing their own works and projects. Be nice to have some experts weigh in on some of these attempts to retcon history, and at the same time, give reenacting a more visible profile in the entertainment world.

Beyond that, I am a husband of one, father of four, artist of nine, and one of a kind. It will be my pleasure and honor to assist you in any way I can.

Offline Rockman

• Trooper
Re: Look what the Kat dragged in...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:01:13 AM »
Welcome aboard, sir! I had noticed some tweaks here & there around the forums, and Sturmkatze has given the heads up regarding some format changes.  It'll be interesting to see how things cook up.  Have some fun!
Howdy there!  I'm Oedipus Tex! --You may have heard of my brother Rex....

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: Look what the Kat dragged in...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »
Well, we are getting ready to really change the site, not just this forum. I have a couple of really good people helping me, because, well I'm an idiot when it comes to code and this kind of thing. My goal is to make r.Net a CMS (content management system) wher eit will be easy for assistants to change or add things or to do updates.  :D Right now, they need to be able to do html work... too many can't, so this will be better -- almost like updating a myspace page if possible.

As it is now, reenactor.Net (the site, not the Forum) is almost impossible to maintain w/ out spending HOURS a a day on it.Gotta change. How will all this work? I dunno. Every time I fool w/ stuff it's like magic, I mess up and get burned.

@<>~

Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.