Forum > General Discussion

Has gas prices affected reenacting?

<< < (2/8) > >>

Rockman:
I've been kind of wondering about why synthetic fuels haven't been pursued more agressively.  Hell, if the Germans could do it with 1940's technology, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to gear up with the technology available now. Maybe affordable fuel isn't quite as profitable for the Oil Barons..... just doesn't have the same smell as obscene profits.  -But we know the smell of B.S. when it wafts our way!.....

Sturmkatze:
Synthetic fuels are quite expensive, which is why they only do stuff like that during wartime when they have no other choice.

Here is an interesting article, one of many I found on google about the new oil field. Now, if only the Bush/Clintons don't let their cronies keep us from seeing any advantages with on this...

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: Sturmkatze on April 18, 2008, 10:16:26 AM ---Synthetic fuels are quite expensive, which is why they only do stuff like that during wartime when they have no other choice.

Here is an interesting article, one of many I found on google about the new oil field. Now, if only the Bush/Clintons don't let their cronies keep us from seeing any advantages with on this...

--- End quote ---

Damn, the US government should buy the land up ASAP if able then drill it. Make a deal with the refineries and oil companies to provide gas here in the us for like $2.00 per gallon for 50 years!

Sturmkatze:
Why are you not at WWI?? Bad Rob, BAD! I came home to let my dogs out... going back early.
M.

Huntar:
it hasn't affected my decisions to go to events.

if you enjoy it, do it. don't worry about what it costs unless you wont be able to eat for a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version