This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Any 'Old Contemptables' out there?  (Read 5099 times)

Findabetterole

Any 'Old Contemptables' out there?
« on: March 14, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »
Good Day Chums!

My names Seph, I'm English... A former Royal Marine Commando (22.yrs service), a former WW.1 re-enactor with the York and Lancaster Regiment in England. I now live in California, re-enact the American Civil War as a Sgt-Maj for a Federal regiment: The 79th Regt New York State Militia (The Highlanders) which operates out of Fort Tejon near Lebac on the '99'. I'm Editor of 'The Adjutant's Journal', which is the Fort Tejon Official news letter.

As an off shoot from my RMC expertise, my fortee is with Allied WW.1 Infantry Weapons: Rifles, Grenades, Bayonets, Machine Guns etc,. Much as I fully enjoy getting out with the lads of the 79th, I really miss the WW.1 sceane which has been my main interest for longer than I care to remember. There are some superb British units in the east of the country, but it's a tad far to go of a weekend. So.... I'm looking for firstly: a British WW.1 re-enactment unit in the California area which I can hook up with, or if none available then secondly: a USMC or US Army unit that I can knit in with.

I'm very pleased to have found this forum and hope that it will be possible to meat some of you in the trench.

With anticipation...  thanks chaps.

Seph   :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:28:10 AM by Findabetterole »