Forum > Allies

Forming New Regiment.

(1/2) > >>

Findabetterole:
Hello Chums,

This is of interest to all, but mainly for those members in the California area.

Due to the lack of British WW.1 reenactment units on the west coast, I'm forming a British Regiment for (initially) the California area. The regiment will take up the 'Kings Shilling' in the guise and representation of The 2nd Battalion:The Lancashire Fusiliers..

Regimental Regulations and S-O-P's, under the guidence of Kings Regulations- 1912.. are being drawn up in preparation of Regimental forming, which is forcast for the first quarter of 2008 (earlier if intrest dictates).

Names of interested individuals please contact me at: sgt-maj@sbcglobal.net

Happy reenacting.

Seph

bugleboy1942:
Hello, I live in Long Beach. I"m interested, but would you take a 12 year old to do an underaged soldier impression? I would be a medic or something and not carry a gun. I would get parental permission.
                                                            Alex

Findabetterole:
Hello Alex,

As long as your genuinely interested, keen as mustard and willing to get down and dirty with the rest of the regiment... you've just as much chance of being selected as anyone else.

There were many young lads of school age who made their way to the local recruiting centres, only to stand in shock at recognising the local 'Bobby' (Police Constable) dressed in military uniform and standing by the recruiting officer. Many of those young lads were turned away initially, but told as they were going out of the door....  "come back in a half hour when your '18'!"

I think the impression of a regimental 'Medic' would be a superb idea.

This is what I would like you to do...
                                                 I presume that you have already talked the idea over with your parents. So, would you please have either Mum or Dad contact me on my email: sgt-maj@sbcglobal.net
I can then give them my telephone details, and have a chat over what your regimental uniform would consist off. Please have your parents title the subject of their email as: Regimental Medic.

So..  until I hear from either yourself or your Mum/Dad....  Well Done, carry on Fusilier! 

Seph   :D

bugleboy1942:
This is going to be hard to choose. I have contacted an Austro-Hungarian group, an American group (both in GWHS), and you! I don't know how to choose, I guess if I get enough money I could do 2 and my civil wr group because I'm not buying anything for it anymore..............anyway, one of my parents will contact you as soon as they can.

Findabetterole:
UPDATE!

As of this date/time, I have seven individuals who have shown an interest in taking up the 'King's Shilling' to join the 2nd Battalion, The Lancashire Fusiuliers. The requirements of joining the 'GWHS' are that a unit requires a compliment of eight or more ranks. I would like to approach the 'GWHA' to say that the 2nd Battalion, The Lancashire Fusiliers meets that criteria.

There is a long road ahead in order for the regt to be recognised officially, but with a core of dedicated individuals...  WE CAN DO IT.

The 2nd Battalion, The Lancashire Fusiliers will be a unit of dedicated, professional individuals, who mean to show in their impression, that we honour historically ans acurately..... those who's uniform and Cap Badge we wear, and who's lifestyle we portray.

... 'At the going down of the sun, and in the morning... WE WILL REMEMBER THEM!'

Names of all interested individuals, please contact me via my email address = sgt-maj@sbcglobal.net

Seph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version