Forum > Pirate Life

Possible Event in Indiana

(1/2) > >>

MasterFoust:
Hello all!  My name is Jonathan Foust and I am in charge of preparing a Pirate Festival for June of 2008 in Brookville, Indiana (Google it, we're right by Cincinnati). 

I am interested in getting an idea of how many pirates might show up for such an event if it were publicized and promoted.  What sort of events should be included in a Pirate Festival?  How many interested parties might be within driving distance of the event?

We are in the beginning stages of planning this event, so any input you might be able to offer would be appreciated!

Ahh!  You're a fine motley lot, to be sure. (i.e. Thanks!)

Rockman:
It might be worth your time to get in touch with Greg Hudson, of Weeping Heart Trading Co., & get some input from him.  He's close enough to you, to be considered local.  I'd bet he'd have some useful ideas.  Weeping Heart trading is a quality sutler, and Greg's had some experience in getting 18th c. events on a roll.  -Hope this is helpful..

MasterFoust:
Thanks! ;D

michaelsbagley:
Hi there,

Just "found" this forum while I was doing some more or less random(ish) surfing...

Anyways, I am pretty new to pirate re-enacting (I see a few faces familiar from other forums), but I do have a complete set of garb ready (well shoes are a work in progress), but I would be VERY interested in an event that close. Most of the better pirate events are really far for me, and travelling has been challenging for me over the last year (too many "real world" setbacks). The only good pirate event near me was the "Pirates in Paynestown" event, and I couldn't make it to that because it conflicted with something else I was committed to.

Anyways, Brookville is a mere two and a half hours away from me (I'm in Columbus Ohio), so I am very interested in your event, what weekend in June were you aiming for?

As another suggestion, there is "River Raid" in Newport KY (just across the river from Cincy), it's in June (I think), but it is more "rennie" based, and doesn't really pander to re-enactors, although you might find some of the participants there may do rennie and re-enacting.... But River Raid is something to consider, just so as to try to avoid in advertantly splitting your audience by having your event the same weekend... Or if you aim your event to be after river raid (I think River Raid might be Father's Day weekend?), River Raid may be a good place to advertise your pirate event.

MasterFoust:
Thanks for the info. 

As I get more detailed ideas on this one I'll post them here.  So far I have not heard much from anyone about attendance at this.  I'll give more details when they come.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version