This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Greetings from Wales  (Read 3556 times)

Offline lurpdog101

• Boot
Greetings from Wales
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:49:59 AM »
Hi everyone

I have just stumbled across this forum. My name is Chris Gordon, I've been reenacting now for about 6 years. I started out doing WWII German, then switched sides and became 101st Airborne WWII. Whilst researching, I got talking to a Nam vet from 101st and my interest grew and grew, so I started my own Vietnam group based on the LRRPs/Rangers of Vietnam.

Before starting it, I emailed a veteran asking if they would mind me doing it, as I wanted to honour them and not annoy them. He forwarded my mail on, and I received loads of replies saying they wouldn't mind at all, and I've now become friends with many who served in the unit, and they are supportive of what we try to do.

The group now has an active base of 8 people, which is good, as it fills a LRRP team for our shows. We train regularly in tactics, and ensure that when we do the shows, we do it right.

Looking forward to taking part on here, and meeting more people who share this hobby.

Chris Gordon
Chairman/Founder
101st Airborne LRRP/Ranger LHA

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: Greetings from Wales
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 04:24:49 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Chris! We look forward to your postings :-)
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.