Forum > Great War Recruiting Area

1./Infanterie-Regiment 23

<< < (2/5) > >>

Oskar_2ndChev:

--- Quote ---The head honchos for the IR23/6th Sturmpionier units haven't really bought into the whole internet thing yet.

--- End quote ---

Very true, unfortunately...and it doesn't help our cause out here on the West Coast.

Sturmkatze:

--- Quote from: Oskar_2ndChev on January 29, 2007, 01:30:03 PM ---
--- Quote ---The head honchos for the IR23/6th Sturmpionier units haven't really bought into the whole internet thing yet.

--- End quote ---

Very true, unfortunately...and it doesn't help our cause out here on the West Coast.

--- End quote ---
Doesn't Fritz have a unit website??

Oskar_2ndChev:

--- Quote ---Doesn't Fritz have a unit website??
--- End quote ---

He did...I built the website and paid for the domain name and server space. I finally decided not to renew due to zero interest from the group and general apathy- it was costing me a $100 a year that could be better spent elsewhere. Also, since Fritz has focused on doing the Napoleonic era (a period that I have ZERO interest in), I didn't see the point of spending money on something that nobody else seemed interested in.

The only thing that was holding the unit together was busting caps at JRT, what "unit" we had pretty much fell apart when the GWHS decided to abandon JRT. Efforts to continue on with the 2nd Chev (i.e. attend public events, etc.) pretty much met with no interest and the usual BS excuses.

So now I have an impression that to a great degree is useless...hence the refocusing on doing American (plus we needed the numbers for the public events that we do).

Long story short, I hate being an army of one.

Sturmkatze:
So, the Bavarians are gone now? Ack! If you wanna come back here, you're welcome w/ us. Unlike some, I'm in it as a hobby and don't believe it's REAL :-0

I hope the GWHS finds another site. It's needed.

Oskar_2ndChev:

--- Quote ---I hope the GWHS finds another site. It's needed.
--- End quote ---

Ah, there's the rub!  ;) Unless Donald Trump becomes a WWI reenactor, we're pretty screwed here- land is way too expensive (in an area that can be used that's not in the middle of the desert) and what potential sites that exist are too close to "civilization". Combined with the Kalifornia BS gun laws, it's next to impossible.

Also, to be honest, not enough people out here care enough to do the legwork to make another site happen- I've heard plenty of talk but seen no action and I don't have the $$ to do it on my own (been there, done that and got the shaft for it).

However, for the few who have stuck with it, there's a pretty decent timeline event coming up in Bakerfield, CA in late April- the organizers have set aside a large area for us and are willing to dig whatever trenches we desire and supply sand bags. Last year, they went all out for us, far greater than what we expected or would have asked for. It's not perfect but it's pretty decent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version