This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: A sad commentary on our nation and some of our "citizens" :-(  (Read 2274 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
A sad commentary on our nation and some of our "citizens" :-(
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:14:01 PM »
Tom N. just e-mailed me this. I hadn't heard about it... I swear... where I Kaiser of the world, this "person" would be f-ing flogged (at least 500 times). What SCUM! And you know it was some stupid young person or liberale... why would they do this??  ???
Marsh

Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend
Vietnam Memorial Wall Defaced This Weekend (September 7-9, 2007)
Eyewitnesses to the damage, Concretebob, Mr. and Mrs. Trooprally ^ | September 9, 2007
Posted on 09/09/2007 6:55:45 PM PDT by tgslTakoma

Mrs. Trooprally called me this evening to tell me that she and her husband, as well as Concretebob, saw damage along almost the entire length of the Vietnam Memorial Wall. They found this damage this morning, when they walked through the area before participating in the September 11th Freedom Walk.

Concretebob was told by a National Park Service employee that the damage was done on Friday night. There was no police report taken or written about the vandalism, apparently. And the damage was still very much there today.

Here are a few of the photos that Mrs. Trooprally took this morning...

This first one is not so noticeable, but as they walked into the center, it got worse. Because of the reflective nature of The Wall, Mrs. Trooprally had a tough time capturing the extent of the damage. Mr. Trooprally said that the oily substance has discolored the shiny stone, but that it has been absorbed into the more porous area where the names are etched into The Wall.

Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline ursa major

• Boot
Re: A sad commentary on our nation and some of our "citizens" :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
There are no words to describe the disgust I am feeling. Someone's parents ought to be pretty proud of them.

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 07:56:50 PM »
I also find it sad that this did not make the news more than it did.  That is a sad commentary alone.  Russians riot when a statue of their war dead is moved from one spot to another equally good spot in another country - it hardly makes the news when someone defaces a national monument / war memorial here.

The person who did this deserves a fate far worse than they will get if found.

Robb

Offline draco63701

• Boot
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:12:13 PM »
Personally speaking, I think that when they find out who did this, they need to let the vets take care of them.  Not like that will happen, but it certainly is what the idiots deserve.