This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Sewing Circle North Central Indiana???Anyone???  (Read 6130 times)

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
Sewing Circle North Central Indiana???Anyone???
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:12:31 PM »
;D  Anyone???  ;D
I'am going to take up Flamingos offer of a sewing weekend sometime this winter in Ohio...
Just would like to find like minded Nice people here in my area...Anyone ???
I'am also Still looking for a Reenactment group in my area also....
Is there anyone in My area???
I know when my parents first started out people went out of there way to help a green horn...You know the More ,The Merrier...What happend in the 5 years Ive been out of the loop...I'm getting off subject...Sorry
Please,Please....any one left in Indy????
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:15:25 PM by blnzrfn »
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"

Offline Flamingos.r.us.

• Plebe
Re: Sewing Circle North Central Indiana???Anyone???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »
I know there's someone out there.  Betsy, my friend who does 1812 (military and womens impressions) has already started her sewing dates.  My offer will be to anyone interested in sewing, sharing patterns or just doing hand crafts/ sharing a girls weekend.  Blndsrfn, I can either come there or the sewing weekend can be at my house.  I have a full size bed, a day bed, a very comfy couch, and camp bedding and space for a number of people with kids.  I have two sewing machines and space to set up anyone who brings one, and a nice area to cut patterns.   I also have a boatload of period dvds starring any number of hunky guys.(anyone see Cassanova with Heath Ledger?  A little campy, a little off on clothing--not by much--- but oh what a sweet looking young man.....thank god he's getting older so I can lust after him without guilt!!!) >:D    Anyway, we need to start thinking about dates so I can fit them around my winter activities (trip to Williamsburg, Reenactorfest, a few seminars in march)
the flamingos are my minions.

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »
I have to talk to Tim and they can have a guys weekend with his brothers  :D...I'm still hopeing  to talk Tim into going to Reenactorfest in Feb...It sounds like soooo much fun..  ;D Right now I would kill to get away but we're so busy... :laugh: We're haveing a cookout/campfire Fri....small just 25 people but trying 0| 0| to get everyone on same page :P 0|                                                              >:D   Heath is YUMMMY!!!   >:D               I haven't seen it but would love to
I'm going to try to get some sewing done.... :-[  every time I try to something comes up.... ;-(
Well got to go light some fires under people (homework,work clothes on the floor of the bedroom,baby just knocked folded cloths over..... 0| 0| 0| ;D   

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »
 :'( nobody that does this time period stepped up to help us get restarted which is a real sad state of affairs  :'( (here in this state IN )I hope this hobby doesn't die out....Anyway me and my family are pursueing other things allso and Are going to a Viking Yule Party " LONG LIVE THE VIKINGS" Thank you to all the people that did step up and talked to me...I wish you all well ......I'll keep up the event page and post if someone says hello or has a question but I'am going viking....

Offline Philonivs Maximvs

• Trooper
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »
I'm a man, but I sew, and I'm in Indy...  can I be here? 8)
"I drank WHAT???" ---Socrates

Offline Flamingos.r.us.

• Plebe
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:54:56 PM »
I've been off the computer for about a month now, since the trip to Fla. and Christmas....as far as a guy being involved in the women's sewing section... the more the merrier.  My husband cuts out all my projects right now and is interested in learning how to sew his own period clothing (I think he may have to do his own WWI since I have no interest or experience in that era) but quite a few men that I know do sew and actually sew quite well since they seem to be more cautious and concerned about the outward appearance while a number of my female friends do "half-assed" jobs just to get it produced.  My invite for a sewing weekend is to anyone who is interested.  If anyone is serious about the offer, please send me a personal message.  Bldsrfun, the offer still stands for viking and medeival stuff too.  Happy Holidays!!!

Julie and the flamingos
the flamingos are my minions.

Offline Philonivs Maximvs

• Trooper
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 12:56:50 PM »
Awesome.... yeah, I started sewing back when I was in high school, when I really wanted a decent Star Trek uniform and couldn't find anything. So, mom taught me, and here I am with reenacting!

I'd be all about learning some other periods... I confess that I am stuck in the 20th century right now, but I do want to learn how the Romans did it (for when I start doing that, in the far future). Let me know if/when you do this........... thanks!
"I drank WHAT???" ---Socrates