This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 130993 times)

Offline Transport

• Boot
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:10 AM »
Ahoy!
Transport now on deck.

Transport out
I would rather be historically accurate, than politically correct.

Offline Frederick Barbarossa

• Boot
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 12:27:11 PM »
Hello,

got this site from a myspace group. So far I like the different era's in one place.
lets see...

I do mostly 18th century re-enacting right now.
I'm with two groups one is divided into a bunch of parts, but are part of the same group (confusing)
I am with the 6th ct regiment
and the other is with the Sons of the American Revolution. With that I'm a major of the Connecticut Line (second in command of ct SAR color guard's) and Captain of Col. Huntington's Regiment.
I was just voted president of a branch (not really re-enacting, but the color guard is for the branch)

The second most active is not really re-enacting
Western Swordsmanship Technique and Research A German school of fencing. We mostly do longsword. The school is taken from judicial combat training schools around Germany average date is 1480ad learning from Ringecks translations of Leichnehaur (I'm really am bad with spelling)

Besides those I joined a viking re-enactment group that doesn't really exist, we've had on meeting and made clothes and got weapons, but haven't gone to any events yet.
Also joined the SCA nothing with that except went to Pennsic.

I also sew stuff, make stuff with wood and metal and sit on the computer looking for random things to help with projects.

I think that's good for now
Frederick Was Here!

Insert nifty thing here

Ewald Koch

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 01:41:26 PM »
Finland reporting in!

Great to see this forum running, all the best for the future!

-Esko

Offline historymuseum2000

• Plebe
  • "A noble heart embiggens the smallest man"
    • II. FJR. 6
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 11:50:28 PM »
Hey Hi all,

This forum is a great idea and it seems like so far I am at least familiar with most of the members having been on the WH list now for about 5 years.

This will also be a great way to keep in touch with the other areas of reenacting that I have connections with ( too many...)

I have been involved in one way or another with American Civil War for the last 22 years (boy that is hard to believe...) now I am part of the USNLP and portray a sailor of the "brownwater" navy. USS Rattler. I also have done Great War, with the boys from the Keystone State 28th Division. ( that is quite an experience.) WWII is my big interest of late, and I have been doing US infantry as a dog-face of the 99th Division and the "Old Reliables" of the 47 Infantry, 9th Division. I also enjoy the Axis side, and have a complete Heer PzG.impression together and have been fascinated by the idea of the Luftwaffe Feld Divisionen and their poor unlucky life. That would be an interesting impression.

Anyway enough of my story. If anyone has a lead on a good Heer unit in the Ohio area shoot me a line, or if anyone is looking into doing LW FD in this area I would be interested in helping out.

Thanks all, I look forward to enjoying the forum!

Lee Drake  :)
Lee Drake

Jaeger Leopold Kloepper 7./FJR.6

Offline h?lz21pz

• Boot
    • 21st Panzer
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 12:14:37 PM »
Hey there! Great another forum!! The name is Marcus and I'm with the 21st Panzer in Southern California. I've been reenacting different time periods since I was 15 to include CW, WW1 and WW2. I will admit I'm a forum addict! I love how much one can learn from others and think it's a great idea to use forums for that.  Married with 3 kids and needless to say a very understanding wife (who I've actually gotten to come out and play with us as a Heer Helferin and/or civilian for WW2). Unfortunately I have a desk jockey job now and I'm on a computer all day so you'll see me hanging around various forums to break the monotony of the day.  Looking forward to meeting new people and I'm sure I'll run into other familiar "faces". Great Job Marsh!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 12:23:14 PM by h?lz21pz »
-Marcus

Offline Shiloh

• Boot
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 10:32:12 PM »
Hello all!

Usually I don't post introductions on forums, but what the heck. I have been involved in American Civil War reenacting for the past few years and as a citizen of course, I love it.  But the ACW has been a obsession since I was little girl, what can I say I was an odd child. I love reading journals of time period, collecting photos of the era, original children's clothing is what I mainly have right now in my small collection, and so on. I am a member of the Ladies' Soldier's Friend Society based out of Nashville, TN. and a small civilian group here in Alabama. I am also the annoying older sister of four younger siblings and I will be starting university in the fall.

Regards,
Ashley Goldsmith
LSFS

Offline C.Schultz

• Boot
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 02:43:34 PM »
Hello,

I've been re-enacting WW2 for about 4 years now, and i love it. I've been with the National LAH unit for my whole WW2 re-enacting career. I've recently starting doing a WWI USMC impression in a GWA affiliated unit.

Offline Oskar_2ndChev

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
    • KB 2 Chevauleger "Thurn und Taxis"
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 12:44:27 PM »
Greetings All!

I've been involved in various forms of reenacting/living history since 1989. In the past I've done American Civil War, Indian Wars, Old West (civilian), and WWI. Currently, I'm focused on doing US Cavalry for the period 1904-1918 and hopefully I'll be taking my horse with me to more events this year.  ;D
Adam Lid
aka Oskar Landschultz/Matthew Hawkins
3rd Squadron, 2nd Chevauleger
http://2chevauleger.org
Co. H, 2nd US Cavalry

Offline dawn2123

• Boot
    • 715thinfantrie
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!! ;)
Dietrich

Offline Tourblanche

• Boot
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 04:41:58 AM »

I am a member of the " Milice de Chambly"  in the French & Indian war
presently living the 250 th anniversary of the year 1757 .
   Our group is active on the battle events as well and demonstrating civil life
at the Fort de Chambly museum .
http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/qc/fortchambly/index_f.asp

Happy to be here ,
Henry Boucher , dit Tourblanche .

Please excuse the quality of my english , I normally speak french .

Offline Gustaf

• Plebe
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 12:17:10 PM »
Welcome Tourblanche
It always amazes me how much better the English is when it is written by non-English speaking members.
Gus

Offline Otto

• Boot
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2007, 03:49:38 PM »
Hi
I am james chapman of the Great War Society (UK based) german section IR28 Von goeben.
I've been involved in living history for the past six years having started in the Napoleonic Association french artillery and moving over to doing ww1 in 2005.
Best Regards James

Offline Frosty

• Boot
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Joshua Frost. I live in london, Engalnd and am in the process of getting into re-enactment over here. One of my primary interests is Victorian re-enactment. I hope that i can learn a lot form you US re-enactors.
Josh

Offline Anton_Lysenko

• Boot
    • Anton M. Lysenko on Yahoo 360
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 03:27:22 PM »
Chello!

My name is Anthony N. Emmel.  I live in East Texas. I used to do SCA, but am currently doing WW2 Soviet reeneactment with the 8th Guards/20th Mech Brigade.

I go under the guise of Anton M.(ichailevich) Lysenko, a Soviet medic.

Later,

Tony
Anthony N. Emmel
aka Anton M. Lysenko, 20th GMB of the 8th GMC
aka Snaebjorn Haraldsson

"We have severely underestimated the Russians, the extent of the country and the treachery of the climate. This is the revenge of reality."
Guderian in a letter to his wife, 1941

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »
Robb from Atlantic Wall Blanks.

I find this forum interesting as I can see what the "other" eras are doing as well.

I am a member of a 21st Pz.192nd Rgt. (1944) unit out of N. Central Ohio.  I only have the time for WWII but have interests in WWI and the Roman era.

Hello, and I look forward to speaking with all of you.

Robb