This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Scottish Rite Time Line event and Show Winter Park FL March 23-25  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Agrauds

• Boot
Scottish Rite Event "OPEN TO ALL TIME LINES"

All WWII and other Military  reenactors and Living History displays are welcome to the fourth annual Orlando Scottish Rite Military Event and Militaria show with Battle Reenactment and weapons demonstration.  We want to make sure that the message is sent out that all Impressions are welcomed and period and non period camping is welcomed during this event. (Non period camping will be in specified location)
*We are also looking for any Military Vehicles that could be displayed for our guests!!! 
This year the Scottish Rite Event will be including a Time Line aspect to this event and are including encampments from the Revolutionary War to Modern day.  We are creating a pathway through history for our guests.  It is hoped that this will educate all who attend, to the sacrifices the Military Soldier has given to our Country. 

Vendors:

Military Vendors will be available for all your Impression needs.  Vendor tables will be available for purchase this year.  $50.00 for inside space with tables and ?FREE? for outside spaces, no tables or tents provided.  For more information about rentals please contact the Orlando Scottish Rite at 407-657-4550 or call Aldis Grauds at 321-239-2467 (cell)
Again Units and individual reenactors that have items for sale are invited to sell items at their campsites or displays at no fee to the Orlando Scottish Rite.

Camping:

This year the camping area as been changed!  Allied and Axis period camping will sectioned off where the old battle field was.  Allied will be west of that field and the Axis will be east of the field.  Power will be provided for those who need electricity for medical reasons.  Modern camping will be placed where Frank has been setting up for years.
Camp fires are welcomed with all safety concerns taking into account.

Public Interaction:
It would be hoped that all Living Historical Encampments could clear all ?Farb? items prior to guest interaction.  This year it would be hoped that units could step to the plate and provide more interactions with the public. ?An interactive camp will be a happy camp? examples of this would be weapons cleaning demos, unit training, PT and historical unit lectures periodically throughout the day.  The bottom line is involve the public when ever possible.

Battle:

The battle will take place where the old Axis camping area was.  The public will stand on the higher ground surrounding the field.  The Allied commander will be Mike Roberts from the 4th Armored and the Axis commander will be David Hawley from the 1st SS.  There should be two battles, Saturday and Sunday.
If there should be an interest in providing a Vietnam battle, please let me know so I can plan on having it for the afternoon on Saturday.

Weapons demo and impression descriptions will be before the battle.  I would ask that that those who plan on attending with several impressions, please allow the public the opportunity to view them and educate them.

A P.A. system will be available for better communication to the Public.

All reenactors are invited to a FREE dinner on Friday night and Saturday lunch tickets for the concessions.  Unit leaders will distribute the tickets for there members.  One ticket per! .  Please get with the event coordinator (Aldis Grauds) for estimated total for reenactors by Friday if all possible.
There will not be a USO dinner/dance for that Saturday evening. 
Instead we are working on having a social gathering outside the Scottish Rite Building.  Snacks, drink and music with more information to come later.  This is our way to thank you for all that you do for our communities and for keeping history alive.  Period uniforms are encouraged for the Saturday night.

Schedule for the Weekend

Friday 23th:

Set up Camping (All Day)
Dinner (Complimentary) 6:30pm

Saturday 24th:

7AM to 9:30AM Setup
10:00 AM Event Opens
12:00 PM Battle
5:00 PM Event Closes
8:00-10:00 Elise?s Place Gathering! (Special outside tent)

Sunday 25th:
10:00 AM Event Opens
12:00 AM Battle
3:00   PM Events Ends

I will post any and all modifications to the event scheduling when its gets closer to the event start date.  Let me say to all hobbyists that I am truly grateful to you all and it is my goal to host you all to the best of my capabilities.

Offline Agrauds

• Boot
Re: Scottish Rite Time Line event and Show Winter Park FL March 23-25
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »
Gents,

I wanted to let everybody know that our Friday night meal will be Roast Pork, Sweet potato, Rolls,Salad and a desert. Saturday night will be Chili with I believe will be a fruit and cheese platters. I plan on feeding for Saturday around 6:00-6:30PM Cheers!