Forum > WWII Events

The Bridge at Remagen, Tidioute ,PA August, 7,8 '09

(1/4) > >>

battlebaby4:
I am thinking of starting another new event on the Allegheny River. This would be with real bridges, the river and possible a town. Remagen would be the battle, possible Operation MARKETGARDEN. This would a a very BIG undertaking by me and the squad. Summer 2009 maybe.
 I too have a railroad, bridges tactical here in PA too I'm thinking over. Question for you fellows any intrest in a event like this in NW Pa.

Pat

atlanticwallblanks:
Any intrest in a event like this in NW Pa.

Yep, always looking for something new.

Robb

battlebaby4:
Here is a update and question for you as reenactors.
 The ball is starting to move for this real Battle for the REMAGEN BRIDGE on the Allegheny River. The town and township are now on board. I am looking at mid JUNE 2009 for the public bridge battle. I too am working on a tactical bridgehead battle on the other side of the town. We could have street fighting also.
 We are asking you as reenactors would you like to do a Remagen bridge battle? Only US Infantry , Armor, engineers, ect would part of the event.  We want to keep the event period with that no paratroopers or rangers.All German forces are fine.
 I am too going to add a tactical. It will be holding the bridgehead on the other side of the Rhine. In history this is where the 99th I.D.'s all colored rifle squads came up on line to fight on for the rest of the war.
When I find a link I'll have a photo of the bridge for you to see.

Pat

Antonescu:
Damn, I'll be there for sure! ;D

battlebaby4:
I finally  found a link to the bridge for photos. Here it is www.historicbridges.org/truss/tidioute/index.htm. This could become the last bridge on the Rhine reenactment.

Now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be heading to the area soon to do more scouting and a photo shoot too. Will keep updating.

Pat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version