This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: Pacific Theatre: Saipan July 25-27th, 2008  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Antonescu

• Reenactor
  • "Soldiers, cross the River Prut"
    • WWII Living History Association
Pacific Theatre: Saipan July 25-27th, 2008
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:59:18 AM »
Guys,

We will be hosting this event once again and look to improve upon the battle once again. Last year was a good one since it was real dry and gross in the 'tropics' of Gettysburg, PA. I have pasted the reg for below. Email me at rs_ross@hotmail.com if you need any more info or the actual forms.

Thanks,
Rob

---------------------------

ETO Historical Impressions Incorporated Presents:

The Fight for Saipan
July 25, 26, 27th 2008

Saipan Island was held by over 30,000 Japanese from the 43rd Division, 47th Independent Mixed Division, a Tank Regiment and an Engineer Regiment. These radical soldiers knew that the Mariana Islands were one of the last bastions before the homeland of Japan. To hold off the American advance would be victory for the Emperor and the people.

You have been invited to participate in a unique event involving the American Pacific Forces and the Imperial Japanese Army. The event will take place at the battle site in Gettysburg, PA. This event will give you the opportunity to portray a member of the 4th U.S. Marine Division or U.S Army?s 27th Division (New York Division). If you do a Japanese impression, you may do Japanese infantry, Navy or Air Force.

The Scenario:

The landings on Saipan have taken place a week earlier and now the U.S Army 27th Division has been inserted on the line between the Marine Corps 2nd and 4th Divisions. This will be the final push to the last stronghold of the Japanese forces holding Saipan. The Japanese are in permanent, fixed positions through out the rough, thick terrain of Saipan. The Americans must attack from the waters edge and navigate through a muddy, flooded marsh and push forward, all the while the Japanese are waiting for the right time to strike. The Japanese will sleep in the field in their works. The event will start at 10 PM Friday night with patrols and then ?combat? will be on Saturday. Participants can start to arrive on Friday after 12:00 pm and start working on their camp and positions. US Troops will need to bring your shelter halves. There will be water and port-a-johns on site for all participants. July is very hot so make sure you bring any important items you may need. Bring your own rations for eating in the field.

Impression:

U.S.:
The U.S. Army should wear non insignia HBT fatigues with double buckles or low quarters. Plain helmets with regular liners. Khaki web gear with 1928 packs.
The Marines can wear either plain HBT fatigues or camo fatigues. Camo helmet covers and Marine khaki web gear. The Marines have been on the Island for a longer amount of time so packs are optional.

Japanese:

We encourage all Japanese reenactors to wear currently available Japanese reproduction uniforms & equipment. Repro cartridge belts and ammo boxes are available thru several sources and are now more reasonably priced. Japanese rifles are still readily available and affordable. Blanks are available thru Joe Swanson. We realize that since the Japanese forces are slowly but steadily growing in numbers, exceptions are still made for those who still do not have a proper kit. Our goal is to eventually have all Imperial Forces in a proper kit, but since this theater of operations is still new to reenacting in our area we welcome all those interested in portraying Japanese. Conversions of US khaki uniforms, use of Swedish helmets converted into Jap helmets, etc. are still allowed as of this event. Suggestions regarding these conversions will be forwarded to the Japanese Army members and the Pacifictheaterbattle yahoo group.

Directions

The site is in Gettysburg, Penn. Just off of Route 15 at the Baltimore Rd. exit. When you get off the exit, go west toward Gettysburg. There is a gas station at the corner of Rt 15 and the exit. Directly across from the gas station is an old burned out building and a road called ?Civil War Lane?. Drive down ?Civil War Lane? which is a gravel road and you will come to the registration area where you will need to check in and will be directed where to park. See you there!

Release agreement, Waiver & Registration Form

Assumption of Risk. As a participant in this event, I freely engage in this hazardous activity for my own recreation. I am aware that I will traverse difficult and dangerous terrain and obstacles and that other around me will use firearms and weapons, explosive materials and devices, and I will ride in hazardous transportation. I am fully aware of these risks and hazards and I voluntarily assume all risk of damage, loss or injury I may sustain while participating in this event. I state that I am in good health and physically fit to engage in this activity, and I have no medical condition which would foreseeably jeopardize my safety during such participation or be aggravated by such participation. Release from Liability. In consideration for my being allowed to participate in this event, I agree to exempt and release forever, all personnel and officers, and members of ETO Historical Impressions Inc., and Speros G. Marinos & EPAL from any liability, claims, demands or actions whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss or injury to me or my personal property arising out of my participation in this event whether such loss, damage or injury results from the negligence of the ETO Historical Impressions Inc, their personnel, officers, members or agents, or from some other cause. I also agree to exempt and release forever, Speros G. Marinos & EPAL whether acting officially or not, for any liability, claims, demands or actions whatsoever arising out of any damage, loss or injury to me or my
personal property arising out of my participation in this event whether such loss, damage or injury results from the negligence of the land owner or from some other cause.

Indemnification. I agree to hold harmless and indemnify the ETO Historical Impressions Inc, members and agents and Speros G. Marinos & EPAL against any claim or suit (including attorney?s fees, costs and expanses) arising out of my participation in this event.

I certify that I am eighteen (18) years of age and that signing this
document; I have read the above terms, understood them and voluntarily agree to them.

U.S Army _________ U.S Marine _______ Imperial Japanese Force__________

___________________________________ _________________ ___________
City State Zip

_________________________________________ __________
Signature Date

Please send in this form and the event Fee of $30.00 before July 1, 2008.

Please write your check to ETOHI Inc. Send the registration form and payment to:

Rob Ross
2005 Tumblebrook Road
Coopersburg, PA 18036

Address on your Class III paperwork should be:

1897 Baltimore Rd. Gettysburg, PA 17325
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it" George Santayana (1863-1952)
4th SS Polizei Division http://www.wwiilha.com/4thssmain.html
318th, 80th ID AEF http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/80th/

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

Pacific Theatre: Saipan July 25-27th, 2008
« on: March 28, 2008, 06:59:18 AM »
Lost Battalions (P)