This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Going to Lore of the Laughery Sat..  (Read 8075 times)

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
Going to Lore of the Laughery Sat..
« on: May 02, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
Sat.I'am taking the Family to "Lore of the Laughery".........Rain or Shine......Look for my post about our day and My pics
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 10:31:42 AM by blnzrfn »
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
" Lore of the Laughery "Sat..
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:52:08 AM »
We went to The "Lore of the Laughery" over the weekend ....I learned some cool things about the Laughery I read this in the NMLRA handout :Quote :...The summer of 2005 marked the debut of Lore of the Laughery,a highly juried,Eastern frontier historical reenactment and trade fair.Held near the banks of scenic Laughery Creek on the grounds of the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association , this event draws its inspiration from the time period of 1750 to 1812 , and focus particularly on the early history of the local area . It is a little known fact that Laughery creek was the site of one of the very few Revolutionary war battles to take place in what is now the state of Indiana . Lore of the Laughery will be held May 3 & 4 2008 ,227 years after the original historical event "....We all had the best time.....We watched a Native American raid on settlers, a Fife & Drum corp, a military unit fire artilery and visited with the camp Doctor who showed us how he removes a musket ball from a persons (ouch)... I bought 4 horn cups for my camp kitchen from a blanket trader.The boys bought lenses to put in their fire kits ...and we got baby girl a wooden knife/w sheath(to hit bubby in the head with).....I glad the rain held off Sat , it was a great day ......We're going to check out "Spring National Shoot"and blackpowder gun show Jun 14-22 2008....I heard they have a commercial row (more shopping) :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 06:08:20 PM by blnzrfn »
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"