Forum > Vendors/Sutlers

Anyone have experience with either of these companies?

<< < (2/2)

Flamingos.r.us.:
For shoes, Fugawee is the main supplier for shoes, and alot of sutlers carry fugawee shoes.  In fact, I kind of think that the ladies shoes that Godwin carries are fugawees.  I think you can pick up ladies shoes from Smoke and Fire and Smiling Fox Forge.  Also, Burnley and Trowbridge carry shoes that they have their own shoe maker produce.  I used to own a pair of fugawees, but sold them after a few wears, only because I'm not used to heels.  Townsend and son produces a shoe from a modern shoe maker (made like modern shoes, look like 18th c.) they have a rubber heel and sole and are VERY comfortable.  Hope this helps in the search.  When you're interested in handmade 18th c. shoes, ($400-$500 a pair) that are made expressly for your feet only (the measurement taking and fitting takes about half an hour) contact Brett Walker .........ask Rockman for the email address.....the wait is about 8 to 12 months, but the man does an EXCELLENT job and loves what he does :laugh:

Rockman:
Ah, yes.... There is the custom made route, too.... Definitely an investment, but more often than not, it's well worth the expense in terms of comfort & wearability.  Brett's website is; www.thegentlecraft.com. We had the good fortune to be set up next to his booth at the Fort Frederick market fair this past April.  --Really a quality craftsman!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version