This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: WWI, different, but how?  (Read 7816 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
WWI, different, but how?
« on: November 18, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
Harry and I were discussing how WWI reenacting is different from WWII and other time periods. We both said "It's different, I can't tell you how, but it's different!" Eventually, we came to the conclusion that part of it is that there's more comradeship in WWI, more friendships between the members of the opposite sides. For the most part, there's no hit calling... What do YOU think??  (^)
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Oskar_2ndChev

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
    • KB 2 Chevauleger "Thurn und Taxis"
Re: WWI, different, but how?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:09:37 PM »
The one thing I like about WWI is that unlike WWII, you're not running around the 'back 40 looking for action or hoping others are following some battle plan (which they usually don't). The typical WWI battlefield is pretty compact and well-defined (at least ours is) so you're not always running around for no real reason.

Also, the trenchworks seems to encourage more of a spirit of togetherness- just something about defending and seizing trechworks.  ;D
Adam Lid
aka Oskar Landschultz/Matthew Hawkins
3rd Squadron, 2nd Chevauleger
http://2chevauleger.org
Co. H, 2nd US Cavalry

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:09:37 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline rafecho1@aol.com

• Boot
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
WWI IS THE WORST REEACTMENT THERE EVER IS..I HAVE DID 20 TIMES IN THE EARLY YEARS THERE WERE PLENTY OF ACTION .YOU UNIT WILL TURN ON YOU IN FEW YEARS .LIKE THEY DID ME.I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW ..DO  NOT TRUST THE GWA  .WWI EVENT NOW IS LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY.THEY START FIGHTS AS WELL.PASS THIS INFO DOWN  >:(TO oo-P THE GWA

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
WWI IS THE WORST REEACTMENT THERE EVER IS..I HAVE DID 20 TIMES IN THE EARLY YEARS THERE WERE PLENTY OF ACTION .YOU UNIT WILL TURN ON YOU IN FEW YEARS .LIKE THEY DID ME.I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW ..DO  NOT TRUST THE GWA  .WWI EVENT NOW IS LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY.THEY START FIGHTS AS WELL.PASS THIS INFO DOWN  >:(TO oo-P THE GWA

AHA, after some checking, this is what I found out:

So, I am thinking you are Ron Ferraro Jr. ||| A GWA member who got kicked out of one American unit. You then joined another Ami unit which gave you and your Dad another chance in the hobby, as you were long-time GWA men.  From what they say, your Dad is okay, but you're a "bit off."  When you had a personal episode with a member of your old unit  your actions caused your new unit to put you on "weaponless probation" (I've never heard of that, on the CP side, they'd just boot your ass) for two years; instead of going for that though, you then quit. Is there anything missing???

So now, you're badmouthing the GWA. Don't expect any sympathy here.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:49:31 PM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
Hessen Antique (aff)