This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Question regarding the fit of WWII Impressions Navy Dungarees??  (Read 4173 times)

Offline History1940

• Boot
Question regarding the fit of WWII Impressions Navy Dungarees??
« on: November 14, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »
Hello. 

I ordered a pair of Navy Dungaree jeans from WWII Impressions to have as an everyday jean to wear as they strongly resemble a few old civilian pairs of jeans I've seen over the years and since I often wear vintage or repro 40s clothing everyday. 
They came in earlier today so I now just tried them on.

WWII Impressions said to order them at your regular size but that they'd shrink up a bit,..well, they're about an inch too loose.  The biggest problem is tht they seem to be sewn a bit off too?
The seat is riding up and giving a wedge, I'm a slender fellow so its not like I'm having the big butt issue here...the seam feels like it was sewn incorrectly or the pattern they used was off.  I've worn vintage denim, WWII military wools, civillian high waisted trousers, etc. and only had this issue once before where a repro item was sewn wrong,..too tight in the lower seat.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem?  If so, what did you do,...did you go with another vendor,..is there another vendor??  I called to ask them about the issue and they said I might want to order up a size.  I explainedhow they were actually about one inch too big,....I asked if I should order down a size to fit the waist,....he really just left that up to me and that was that.

Thanks in advance.

Offline FJR1

• Plebe
Re: Question regarding the fit of WWII Impressions Navy Dungarees??
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 03:24:18 AM »
Terminology correction!  Jeans are made by Wrangler or Lee or ???
The Navy wore Dungarees, at least for the time I was in from 53 into 68.  AND then still so to about 1999 when they went to some dumb civilian blue work pants.
Them AIN'T jeans!!!  They're Dungarees.
Dean