This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 130949 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Welcome!
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:32:22 AM »
Hello, so, you've just joined our new Living History Forum and perhaps there's not too many postings yet... or, perhaps you've not seen anyone you know or just feel intimidated :-0 Well, don't! We all had to start somewhere... Just jump right into the forums. If you don't see a thread you like in the forums, start a new one!! Just try and put it in the right Forum. As to content... who cares, as long as it's not illegal, hateful, racist or something like that: GO FOR IT! To make things even better, it takes everyone contributing. Hey, wanna see a catagory for period recipes or something? We can do it, simply ask. Or post them in "Off Topic" This Forum can be whatever you want it to be!!

We are trying to make this a fun place for our members! We want you to have a good experience rediscovering old friends and perhaps, making new ones here. And, for that matter, we've added a "mod" to let you buy people a beer!  ;) IF they have entered their paypal name in their profile (right now the field says ":" instead of PayPal (we're working on it)), you can buy 'em a beer! Anyway, once they've added their paypal, you'll see a beer mug by their name in posts.  ;D Just click it and you can buy them a beer! I hope to have this easier to find and use real soon, but it IS there now to use!

Something you might also want to do is to make your profile a bit more complete. We really want to see your real name in your signature (you can call it your "muggle" name). You can upload a photo to go w/ your posts if you'd like. Smile, breathe, it'll be okay! You can send me a PM (private message) by clicking the "PM" button below my posts.

A last note: Before you take off looking through the Forums, how about going and reading The Rulez at:http://www.reenactor.net/index.php?topic=4.0
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:52:33 AM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Kohlenklau

• Boot
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 10:06:25 AM »
Well hello there!  Greetings to all.
Adrian Weale
KG Skanderbeg

Offline Feldjager

• Boot
  • This space for rent
    • Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 10:08:18 AM »
Heck. Is this thing on?

Hiya.

Dave
Dave Page
Oberfeldwebel d. Feld. Gend.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82
www.feldgendarmerie.com

"How long have you been in the Army?"
"About five feet eight"
- Spike Milligan

Offline lilkender

• Boot
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 02:40:04 PM »
A real forum. Awesome.

Offline marloes

• Plebe
    • The Netherlands 1940-1945, Study and Living History Group
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:42:32 PM »
Marloes signing in!

Authentic Radiobroadcasts for your display;
http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles

Offline pvtryan

• Boot
  • You can run, but you only die tired!!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:00:37 PM »
Maybe this will be profitable to our world of Reenacting.
Geist Werkes
07 FFL/SOT

Offline jagerroll

• Boot
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
I am from South Florida amd am a member of the Second Infantry Division reenactment unit I am prior service (Marine Corps 86-90 3rd Btln. 3rd Marine Division ) and am currently Law Enforcement. Reenacting is my stress relief from the real world. Our website is www.secondinfantry.com 

Offline PilusPrior

• Boot
  • Pilus Prior, Leg III Cyr, Major F.G Trupp b 419
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 03:40:18 PM »
Hey, Pilus Prior checking in.  Looks like a good place to hang out.  Any Romans in New England looking for a home?  How about WWII Heer Feldgendarmerie?

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 03:43:51 PM »
Hey, Pilus Prior checking in.  Looks like a good place to hang out.  Any Romans in New England looking for a home?  How about WWII Heer Feldgendarmerie?

If you'll notice there's a conspicuous absence of Ancient stuff. That's because as soon as I find the mod for it, I will port all the Ancient stuff over to Roman Army Talk which has forums for all of that :-) Jasper, the owner is a great guy and has helped me a LOT. We aren't going to compete them.
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Feldjager

• Boot
  • This space for rent
    • Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 03:56:01 PM »

Yup, Heer Feldgendarmerie are Here (no pun intended)!
Dave Page
Oberfeldwebel d. Feld. Gend.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82
www.feldgendarmerie.com

"How long have you been in the Army?"
"About five feet eight"
- Spike Milligan

Offline lilkender

• Boot
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »
Oh, are we doing introductions? Let's do introductions...

I started doing medieval (1066) living history in 1990 with Markland Medieval Mercenary Militia... also did 1485 Swiss for a little while, 1529 Landsknecht (German) for five years and have been in the SCA on and off since 1992. Haven't done any in a while and haven't updated the Middle Ages or Celtic r.Net pages in a while but Marsh won't let me escape. I did the bulk of the Middle Ages section.

I work in a law firm, play roller derby or skate 4x a week, like taking photos and am putting them on a Smugmug account now. Am getting my armor together to start doing SCA heavy combat. Odds are one of these hobbies is going to break my bones... with my luck it will be the photography  :-X

I would like to do WWII living history when I can find the money for it and decide if I want to hang out with the Axis or Allies.

Oh, and I'm female, if you couldn't tell from the picture.

Offline odinfish

• Boot
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 07:13:30 PM »
Greetings cats and kittens! I've been a lurker on many groups, Yahoo and otherwise...so when I read that this forum was finally open I couldn't help but rush right over. :)

Just a brief rundown on what brings me here, I have interests in pre-Christian history up to the Viking Age, mainly just that of the Northern Europeans and early to mid 20th century German history. I've been interested in reenacting both, but due to life's responsibilities I haven't been able to commit to anything including any specific groups. However, in a few months, I will have a lot more free time on my hands to do with as I please...well, when I'm not playing the stay-at-home-dad role. ;D

I've had an interest in WW2 Germany for quite sometime and have only begun fully researching various areas of this era about 18 months ago. I'm nearing a complete Heer impression but have slowed my progress owing to a shift in paths. Thanks to a prior criminal conviction years ago, I cannot own a firearm which leaves me as an unsuitable candidate for most reenacting groups. So I've decided to focus on WW2 Airsoft Reenacting instead, with hopes of adding more authenticity to this hobby than what is commonly expected...along with finding more stuff to argue with Marsh about. ;)

Mike

Offline LAH Thaler

• Boot
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »
Greetings All:

Been a long time member of the Wehrmacht List and now with the new forum.  Looking forward to more interesting topics and discussion related to WWII German forces.

Im Besten,
Dale Taylor
Kommandeur, 1.LSSAH

Offline Soldat21

• Boot
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »
I have also been a member of the WH list as well and found it to be helpful. I am glad you finally got a forum put up Marsh! :)
Obgren. Hans Kr?ger
5. Kompanie/II Battalion
125th Regiment/21st Pz. Div.

Offline QMSWalrus

• Boot
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »
Hi,

I'm Tom May, Founder member of the Great War Society (UK based).
Generally signing myself as either "Tom the Walrus" or "Tom (in London)"
I've been involved in LH since anout 1974/5, starting with the Napoleonic Association and then the English Civil War Society.
I've been involved with Great War LH since the formation of the GWS (4th August 1984).

Is that enough for an introduction?

Tom the Walrus
God and the Soldier we adore
in time of danger - Not before
Danger past and all things righted
God's forgotten, the Soldier slighted.