This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Original Mc Clellan saddle Doug Kidd 1859 rework extras  (Read 8238 times)

Offline imarangemaster

• Boot
Original Mc Clellan saddle Doug Kidd 1859 rework extras
« on: June 04, 2008, 10:38:11 AM »
This is an original 1904 Mc Clellan tree (stamped 1918), reworked into a 1859 Civil war saddle by Doug Kidd at Border States Leather work just before the movie Gettysburg (which this saddle was in). It is a "12 inch seat" which translates into a Western 16 or a 16 1/2" which is what I use. It comes with 1859 saddle bags, and all leathers, stirrups, girths, breast collar, and surcingle.  All rigging and leathers made by Doug, and vat dyed black.  While the saddle is a little scuffed and the black dye is wearing off showing the original brown, the leather is in really good condition.  My friend used this Civil War re-enacting for over ten years, and I used it for trail and endurance training before I started using it for re-enacting myself.  A variety of reasons have caused me to cease riding, so I am selling it off.  Why mess with a cheap imported repro when you can have this one.  The extras alone are worth quite a bit, and you would pay way more for one of Doug's saddles now!  Buyer pays actual UPS ground and insurance.  I can take paypal or credit card through my wife's business.

PM with email address or send me Email for photos.