This site is Gunny Approved

Linked Events

• Military Through the Ages 2016: March 19, 2016 - March 20, 2016

Author Topic: Military Through the Ages  (Read 10740 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Military Through the Ages
« on: January 24, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »
Military Through the Ages 2016
This event is really great—one of THE Best historical times lines in the country!

Witness the evolution of military power through the centuries on March 19 and 20, when reenactors depicting soldiers throughout history come together for Jamestown Settlement’s time-honored “Military Through the Ages.”

This chronological display of military history has been held each year at Jamestown Settlement since 1984. This year’s timeline event features depictions from 64 A.D. through modern times.

In the course of one weekend – from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday – visitors can experience the past and present as reenactors show how uniforms, weapons and military tactics evolved throughout the centuries. The event also showcases a variety of military vehicles and equipment. Visitors can interact with reenactors to learn how soldiers throughout time dressed and armed themselves, as well as how they were fed and housed in times of war.

Timeline from the Roman Legion to the Virginia Army National Guard
Reenactors will portray soldiers and military encounters from Roman times, the medieval period, Hundred Years’ War, War of the Roses, French and Indian War, American Revolution, War of 1812, and American Civil War. Reenactors depicting World Wars I and II, and the Vietnam War will visitors through the 20th century. The Virginia Army National Guard will represent the present.

Artillery, Children’s Parade, Military Pass-in-Review

A Comparative artillery-firing demonstrations will be presented on Saturday and Sunday, with weapons ranging from a 17th-century swivel gun to a modern-day howitzer.

A cannon salute near military demonstration field Saturday will mark the beginning of a children’s parade. There, young “troops” can march through the re-created colonial fort and campsites to formally present ribbons to each of the participating military units.

A military pass-in-review will take place at 3 p.m. Sunday and will feature recognition of reenactor units judged on camp sites, clothing and cooking presentations, and field demonstrations. See the list of 2015 award recipients.

>>Directions for MTA
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:02:35 PM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.