This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: The Reenactor Consumer Guide is back up!!!  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
The Reenactor Consumer Guide is back up!!!
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:34:39 PM »
http://www.reenactor-rcg.com/

What is the Reenactor Consumer Guide? Well, it's a place for customers to rate their experiences with vendors servicing the reenacting community. Good or bad, let's hear it. Vendor Feedback Reviews are posted only after reviewed by the staff.

Positive reviews are posted as they are submitted, negative reviews are posted 2 weeks after submission. During this time, the vendor is sent the review in order to provide them ample time to provide us with a rebuttal. After 2 weeks, if no rebuttal is received the review is posted. Vendors who do not recall the buyer are encouraged to make contact and work out the problem.

Vendor Feedback Reviews where the person leaving the feedback, either did not buy anything, or cannot be contacted will not be posted. We have had reviews posted without valid email addresses etc. Just do it right.
History of the RCG

The WW2 RCG was started back in 2000 by Harry Coombs. This was in response to one of the members of his unit getting blatantly ripped-off by a reenactor vendor. Although starting slow, the RCG took off like wildfire and within two weeks it had over 100,000 visitors ??? In a very short time, it reached a point where Harry couldn't couldn't maintain it. It wasn't helped by the fact that Harry was doing this under cover -- not wanting to have vendors refuse to sell to him or attack him in other ways. After a while, Erich Loych took over the RCG and made it into a database site, but it was still hard to maintain. Having no time for the RCG, Erich gave it to Marsh of reenactor.Net and it has taken the better part of two years for us to get it back up and working. With the help of a master Jedi programmer (and a lot of Reichsmarks) it is!
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: The Reenactor Consumer Guide is back up!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »
Wow, not that many people from time periods other than WWII are using the RCG... WHY? Are there no good dealers in other time periods and.. we all KNOW there have to be some scumbags to warn your fellows about...
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.