Forum > Tacticals

Behavior at Events

<< < (2/9) > >>

Antonescu:
Yes, most likely they should be banned but like Frundsberg stated no one has the nerve to do so. Why not? Maybe due to number of members or the type of toys they bring. Some of the toys are rented by units from individuals so maybe the person owning them should take them away as well. If you do a "Blacklist" should it be open or public? If you make it public then they would most likely come after or start trouble with the units/individuals who are doing it. It seems this behavior is more common in WWII with certain individuals and units. Another option is for like minded units to ban together and boycott the events that the individuals/units in question are attending which might send a message to the Event Coordinators.

tleve:
so true . people have to start banning together . otherwise it makes us all look bad. Poeple will not respect the reenactoring / living history communty if there are groups or indiviuals who are showing bad taste. as for the list again , if you can't take some heat for makeing your events better , then why do them . I know " easier said then done " . :)

Antonescu:
Exactly, if like minded units stick together then events will change. Of course some things might be rumors but some are most likely true. No one is saying not to have a good time but somethings have really gotten out of hand in the last couple of years in some locations. It might actually take something bad to happen before 90% of reenactors take action.

Poilu:
I dunno. I like to drink at events -- I don't get sit-faced falling down drunk, but it can be fun. Also, why not have fun at the party after the battle -- no one get's hurt right? What's the problem. I agree about illegal drugs, but really... aren't we all adults?

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: Poilu on August 13, 2007, 10:18:58 AM ---I dunno. I like to drink at events -- I don't get sit-faced falling down drunk, but it can be fun. Also, why not have fun at the party after the battle -- no one get's hurt right? What's the problem. I agree about illegal drugs, but really... aren't we all adults?

--- End quote ---

I drink as well plus do most reenactors but to the point of falling down drunk ??? Plus people have seen underage drinking as well. Saturday night is fine to party but some units start as soon as they arrive before they have pitched the first stake for their tents.

These issues are not being held to just the private tactical like Odessa. They are being seen more often at the Gap and apparently at some of the living history events as well. Rumor or truth? Who actually knows but the issues are floating around and are needed to be discussed instead of keeping mum and hope it goes away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version