This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: The Bridge at Remagen, Tidioute ,PA August, 7,8 '09  (Read 26883 times)

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
The Bridge at Remagen, Tidioute ,PA August, 7,8 '09
« on: October 19, 2007, 01:47:03 PM »
I am thinking of starting another new event on the Allegheny River. This would be with real bridges, the river and possible a town. Remagen would be the battle, possible Operation MARKETGARDEN. This would a a very BIG undertaking by me and the squad. Summer 2009 maybe.
 I too have a railroad, bridges tactical here in PA too I'm thinking over. Question for you fellows any intrest in a event like this in NW Pa.

Pat
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:38:57 AM by battlebaby4 »
99th Infantry Division, 393rd Regiment, Easy Co. "Battlebabies"

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
Re: 2009 Battle for the Rhine in PA
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »
Any intrest in a event like this in NW Pa.

Yep, always looking for something new.

Robb

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:55:38 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »
Here is a update and question for you as reenactors.
 The ball is starting to move for this real Battle for the REMAGEN BRIDGE on the Allegheny River. The town and township are now on board. I am looking at mid JUNE 2009 for the public bridge battle. I too am working on a tactical bridgehead battle on the other side of the town. We could have street fighting also.
 We are asking you as reenactors would you like to do a Remagen bridge battle? Only US Infantry , Armor, engineers, ect would part of the event.  We want to keep the event period with that no paratroopers or rangers.All German forces are fine.
 I am too going to add a tactical. It will be holding the bridgehead on the other side of the Rhine. In history this is where the 99th I.D.'s all colored rifle squads came up on line to fight on for the rest of the war.
When I find a link I'll have a photo of the bridge for you to see.

Pat
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 09:19:14 PM by battlebaby4 »

Offline Antonescu

• Reenactor
  • "Soldiers, cross the River Prut"
    • WWII Living History Association
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:56 PM »
Damn, I'll be there for sure! ;D
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it" George Santayana (1863-1952)
4th SS Polizei Division http://www.wwiilha.com/4thssmain.html
318th, 80th ID AEF http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/80th/

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:27:06 PM »
I finally  found a link to the bridge for photos. Here it is www.historicbridges.org/truss/tidioute/index.htm. This could become the last bridge on the Rhine reenactment.

Now that the weather is getting warmer I'll be heading to the area soon to do more scouting and a photo shoot too. Will keep updating.

Pat

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 06:51:28 PM »
I am getting alot of German units that are intrested in this event. That is a good thing. As for Allies just us as the host unit. Do regular american infantry want to do a Remagen Bridge battle?
 We too are going to try to have a tactical, a quality one. No BANG, BANG your Dead. If people travel this far for a event we want to make it worth the time . effort and money. We have enough props for wire and road blocks from out past D-day event that we hosted in NY.Props won't be a issue.
 I too will need at least one or two half tracks for the bridge and town battle. Any owners close to me here in PA? They will be busy. Artillery will be nice too.

More info to come--

Pat

Offline Antonescu

• Reenactor
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 09:06:19 PM »
Pat

If you open it just to plain infantry then might be able to send information to some units I know about. They are top notch and would never be an issue what so ever. One in fact has vehicles. Just let me know what you want to do and also what German units are coming? If any of the trouble ones then that will most likely hurt turnout for sure.
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it" George Santayana (1863-1952)

Offline BigRedOneMedic

• Boot
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »
I would love to attend, cant wait actually. Dose anyone know if any elements of the 1st ID will be attending, and is there any oficial web site for this thing or is this it.

I think it would be nice if the battle for the public remain historicaly corect, while the tactical can be incorect as long as its still WW2 of corse.

Im looking forward to it

Offline Antonescu

• Reenactor
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
Pat

What is the update on this event? A lot of interest on both sides.

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »
Hello,
 Sorry I have been away for so long. We are looking at possible early August for The Bridge at Remagen. I am in contact with the village and township. Each area will be working with us. This will become a big event to handle. We are going to keep it historical correct. Tidioute is a small town just like Remagen was. We are looking at everything. The snow is finally melting so by March will will be in full movement. Looking for camp sites, battle areas.
 If you would like to be added to my info list of units that may come  please e-mail me your name, unit address. I too have been talking to a possible TV / movie crew that may want to film this historic event. If you have a militray vehicle we love you to bring it to this event. We'll need them for the convoy / battle for the village to get to the bridge.
 Many of our props from our now defunct Dunkirk ,NY D-day / Dieppe Raid will be resued or rebuilt  for this event.
 I am back and will keep you all updated--

Pat A. Tarasovitch, Event Coordinator
      The Bridge at Remagen , 1945
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 09:17:32 PM by battlebaby4 »

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »
Update. We have a meeting in April the the townships. I will be scouting the area in two weeks for land areas ect. Some excellent places. The possible tentive date is August 7-8. As the Event Coordinator I want to get this right the 1st time. We all know a poor 1st year will kill the 2nd year of a event. I hope we could have enough time to try this for 2009, if not 2010  will be the date. More to come. This could be a very different reenactment far different then any you ever did!!
  Rhine is the last defense line. Let us make a stand .

Pat A. Tarasovitch, Event Coordinator
The Bridge at Remagen , 1945.

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 08:35:33 AM »
The meeting is over and I have great news. The Bridge at Remagen is on!!!  Tentive date is August 7-9 ,2009 in Tidioute ,PA 16351, this will help you google map to the town.
The bridge is ours for the public and town battle. Possible 500 acre limestone quarry with forests and roads for a SATURDAY morning tactical. Bridge battle will be 3pm to 4pm.
 I am putting a cap on registarations fr both sides this year due to only few months to finish up the planning and building, 75 to 80 per side. If this event pans out 2010 sky is the limit!!
We will have a 5.00 event fee per person to help fund the event . Any money left over will be donated to the Veterans of the area.
 Vehicles are welcomed and needed. For more info and a packet e-mail me.
 I want everyone to know I am the Event Coordinator of this event. Everything that is talked about is from me or units contacts. Please do not listen to the rumor mill. CALL ME 1st for any questions, comments or complaints.

Thanks-- Patrick A. Tarasovitch, Event Coordinator
 The Bridge at Remagen ,1945
99th Infantry Division, 393rd Regiment, Easy Co., Erie ,PA

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 09:44:58 PM »
I have one meeting left in early May to seal the deal. Packets will be sent out that week.
 I am getting alot of units wanting to do a new event. If so we're it. Our bridge is 551ft long ,build1933 on the Allegheny. We will be fighting through the town to the bridge, for the bridge and after the bridge. Bunkers ect can be made on the German side of the river, The tactical will be a great morning event.
 As said before we have the look of the Rhine and Germany here in Warren County,PA.

E-mail me for more info.    Pat

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE EXCELLENT NEWS THE DEAL HAS BEEN SEALED
THE BRIDGE AT REMAGEN IN TIDIOUTE ,PA IS ON!!!! The date is August 7,8,9 .We have the bridge ,the boro and a excellent stone quarry for the morning tactical. A site to behold!! We have a road system for almost any vehicle.
 Registrations packets are going out now. Again only 75 per side, 5.00 per man to pay for props pyro ect. Money not used to be donated to local Veteran's. Registration due July 30,2009.

Please I am the Event Coordinator call me with questions 1st. I see on a website that someone told a German unit the event was not going to happen,WRONG!!!
 Get ready for a new different event!!

Patrick A. Tarasovitch
Event Coordinator, The Bridge at Remagen
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 09:18:19 PM by battlebaby4 »

Offline battlebaby4

• Reenactor
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »
Great News today we signed the contract for our Professional Fireworks Company to do all our pyro for the bridge battle. I believe some could suffer "shell shock" or cry for their mommie after this battle.
 Our 500 plus acre stone ( 1 mile long) quarry can handle everything that we want. Tanks, half-tracks, jeeps, mortar teams, there is no off limits at the quarry. This could be a field of dreams. Everyone will have a BLAST for the Saturday morning tactical. Tactical at 10am. Ludendorff Bridge at 3pm. Tactical will recreat the Erpeler Ley, the attack of the 99th I.D. against counter attacking mixed German forces trying to recapture the bridge. Bridge battle will be fought through sections of the town of Tidioute,leading to the bridge,the blowing of the bridge and the capture of the bridge.
 Registration open at noon Friday August 7th. Battles on Saturday. Remember this is a pre registration only, 5.00 per man. Period and modern camping. We have several period vehicles already for this event too.
 Since we are going by history this event is open to all "Common " Dogface Infantry, Armored Infantry, Armor, vehicles, Engineers and MP Impressions. You are welcomed to come on board.
E-mail me here or call me before 9pm weekdays here at the house 814-825-2068 for a registration packet.

The war could be finally coming to a end ??  See you on the Bridge, the last over the Rhine. Berlin is so close now---

Patrick A. Tarasovitch, Event Coordinator
Hosted by : 99th Infantry Division ,393rd Regiment, EASY Co. Erie ,PA
 The Bridge at Remagen, March 1945 in Tidioute ,PA
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:31:27 PM by battlebaby4 »

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)