Forum > The Crimean War

2011 - 1854 Crimean War 93rd Reg't of Foot the Sutherland Highlanders

<< < (2/2)

Sturmkatze:
Yeah, I'll agree... Susan Wolfe was GREAT, but the next one (Reidy)... ack, she was/is a ding-dong. When she started off against reenactors, I was wanting to write her boss. What a stupid idiot, but all the Roman Days people were like "Oh, that will make it worse.." Horse pucky. She should have been FIRED. It's people like her that sink historical sites -- Hell, people like her have sank America.

Hopefully, someone saw how she was and DID fire her. Of course, probably, she just got promoted to a spot to waste MORE money on her pretentious self. |||

Hopefully, the new site manager will be able to repair some of the damage Reidy caused. I know for SURE, I will not ever pay for a living history event where they make money off ME. That's BULLshite! ..O

Well, maybe in the Fall. WWI will still be there ;)

Balaklava:
*AAR for Marching Thru Time 2011 - Well, it rained .... & rained & rained on Saturday 4-16-11. But the sunny dawn on Sunday 4-17-11 was glorious. Over 100 reenactors from all time periods Roman 10th century to modern times endured the very wet weather & high winds. It was a real test for the canvas. The crowds were out and massed us in our displays on Sunday. I drew quite a crowd multiple times when speaking about the siege of Sebastopol, the 3 major land battles of the Crimean War, the poor conditions the British soldiers had to endure the first winter, poor command, etc. This was the first time out with the 93rd Highlanders Crimean War period impression. Found a few hippups and inconsistancies that I will buff up before the S.MD.Highland Games in 2 weeks. I am jazzed ! Stuck a few pics in my profile for the curious.

Cheerio, Johnnie, 93rd Highlanders 1812-1858.   

Balaklava:
***AAR for S. MD. Highland Games 2011. Wonderful weather and huge crowds. NO RAIN ! The impression was a hit. Took many photos with admirers and drank a lot of free beer, mostly Skull Splitter. The massed bands at the opening ceremony was awesome. Thanks for reading along. See my photo page for S MD Highland Games pics.

Cheers, Johnnie, 93rd Highlanders 1812-1858.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version