This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Hello everyone... from another new member:)  (Read 8302 times)

Offline kdbosch

• Boot
Hello everyone... from another new member:)
« on: June 20, 2007, 02:04:44 PM »
I've been interested in the Civil War period for years... been to most of the battlefield sites on the east coast and a few reenactments (as a spectator).  Anyhow, I'm from the Westminster, Maryland area and would love to hear from anyone who knows of reenactment groups in this area.  My wife and I have been thinking of getting into it for a couple years... sounds like a lot of fun:)  kimbosch@comcast.net

Offline tleve

• Reenactor
    • the living history alliance
Re: Hello everyone... from another new member:)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »
hey , If you haven't already , check out the Reenactor.net Civil War Section , there are unit sections there . There are a lot of dead links ( I'm work on that ) , but you might find a group that interests you .

good luck
trish
" No Good Deed Goes Unpunished "

Offline catspjamas

• Boot
  • Confederate Nurse Joni
Re: Hello everyone... from another new member:)
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 07:36:08 PM »
Since you posted in the confederate area, I'm assuming you're interested in a confederate unit.  Check out www.longstreetscorps.com  That's a parent organization for many different confederate units.  There is also an Army of Northern Virginia organization, but I don't know their web address.  Both sites will have listings of the units under their command.  Look for a group that is willing to help new recruits, some have uniforms and limited equipment for new recruits to use until they can afford their own or decide it's not for them.  This can be an expensive hobby, it helps if you can make alot of your own clothes.

Joni
Joni Everhart
"Yer prettier than a pair of red shoes with green strings."  Wounded soldier to Phoebe Pember, matron Chimborazo Hospital