Forum > Cold War

Soviet Tropical Cap

(1/2) > >>

SovietAirborne:
Hello all! I would like to ask a favor to anyone that can help me. I am looking for a photo of the Soviet Tropical Cap (i.e., "Panamka", "Afghanka", Boonie Hat) for use on my site. The cap needs to be the pre-Soviet-Afghan War era cap from WW2-1960's. I have the Afghan War era cap already on my site. This photo would be used for comparison. I have a photo in a book with one of these early caps but unfortunately, my scanner is in storage and I am unable to retrieve it. I would appreciate any help on this and please send me a name that I can include in the captions. Thanks!

ranger0283:
Hey Ray, Sandy here, OC of Recce PLN 10 Para. Let me dig and see what I may be able to find in my books. My scanner is up and running so I may be able to hook you up. What kind of photo do you want, one in use, or one on display? As a side note, Trident is selling originals here is the info AFGHANCAP.Caps available in the following sizes.55,56,59,60.$18.00

link is http://www.tridentmilitary.com/SovietUniforms.htm

Sandy

SovietAirborne:
I need a photo for my site to compare the recent tropical "Afghanka" cap used during the Soviet-Afghan War to the earlier tropical "Panamka" cap that the "Afghanka" was derived from. I have the Afghanka on my site already but I need a photo of the earlier hat, the "Panamka" or "Panama" hat. Trident is selling the hat that I have on my site already (http://www.sovietairborne.com/Equipment.html). There is a photo of one in "KGB & Soviet State Security Uniforms & Militaria 1917-91 In Color Photographs" by Laszlo. I forgot what page its on though. Again, my scanner is out of reach and I can't get that photo right now. I do appreciate the help.

ranger0283:
Ray, Does this help? I cannot find my reference material but found this on the net.
Sandy

bmac:
Ray,
Come to my hizzous on Sunday and you can use my scanner.  Then you can cook me dinner and take me to a movie. I don't think the wife will mind. ;-)
Bmac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version