1800-1865
The American Civil War
1870-1900
World War I
World War II
1946-Present

Add a Reenacting Unit Link button art

EMC Militaria micro ad

How to Re-Size Photos for posting on this site.

Marsh's Blog

This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: New Dark Age Group  (Read 6163 times)

Offline bigbake

• Boot
New Dark Age Group
« on: September 26, 2008, 02:52:28 AM »
I'm looking to start a Dark Age group located in Michigan, preferably near or around the Greater Lansing area. I would also consider anyone in Michigan who doesn't mind traveling as well. I am a World War 2 reenactor and I would like to get into Dark Age reenacting as well. My WW2 unit only does 1 or 2 events a year, and I would like to get more active in reenacting.

The time period for this group would be around the 9th century. This is by no means set in stone, but it gives a good idea what time period I am going for. It would take place in Britain when the Anglo-Saxons fought with the Vikings for control of the land. I would like to portray the everyday life of a Saxon or Viking in Britain at the time, and also do plenty of combat demos/battles as well. Civilians impressions would be balanced with military, so that neither side would feel "left out". I want this to be a fun group of like minded individuals, and also present plenty of opportunity for role playing and building historical personas.

If you are interested in joining, or if you belong to another Dark Age group and you want to network with us, then feel free to post a reply or send me an e-mail at: bigbake132@yahoo.com

Thank You,

Nathan