1800-1865
The American Civil War
1870-1900
World War I
World War II
1946-Present

Add a Reenacting Unit Link button art

EMC Militaria micro ad

How to Re-Size Photos for posting on this site.

Marsh's Blog

This site is Gunny Approved
Lost Battalions (P)

Author Topic: Autumn Rain  (Read 2983 times)

Offline MinutemenProductions

• Boot
Autumn Rain
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
Hello everyone.  I am currently in the pre-production phase of making a non-paid independent film about ww2.  I need around 15 people to play German soldiers in the film.  If you are interested, please shoot me a message.  The background of the story is about two friends, one german, one russian.  The two are split up when the Russian boy named Joseph joins the russian army to defend the motherland from the German invaders.  Gunter, the German boy, is drafted into the German army, and the two meet in battle in a small russian town called Shriloksnov, a crucial defense point for the russians, as it is a gateway to the heart of Soviet Russia.  The two must make a choice...Country or Friendship...

Anyways, like I was saying, I need around 15 reenactors or so to play the German invaders.  You will need your own equipment, and if anyone has a half-track or anything that they would like to let us use with your permission and supervision, that would be much appreciated.

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: Autumn Rain
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »
You sure ask a lot. No offense but movie people and especially student movie people always see reenactors as a free resource--they ain't. Read this article here to learn about this.

Sorry to throw cold water on this, but what do the reenactors get out of it? Who will transport the half-track? Guess what... that costs a LOT of money. All of it does. Are you gonna feed them?
Just my two cents...
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:16:51 AM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline MinutemenProductions

• Boot
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »
By no means did I mean to come across as seeing reenactors as a free source, so I appologize if that is how it sounds.  Yes, you will be well fed, and I do realize that the half track is probably not going to happen, but would be nice.  If the crew and I can come up with the money, I would be happy to help pay.  Pay per hour however, is something that I would wish to discuss with anyone who is interested.  It would not be a great amount, seeing as how this is low budget, but we are in the process of trying to get some sponsors in our area to help out.  If anyone who is remotely interested, or have any other comments or what they would want in return to help with this project, please feel free to tell me, and we'll see what happens...

Thanks,
Minutemen Produtions

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 10:52:01 PM »
Hessen Antique (aff)