1800-1865
The American Civil War
1870-1900
World War I
World War II
1946-Present

Add a Reenacting Unit Link button art

EMC Militaria micro ad

How to Re-Size Photos for posting on this site.

Marsh's Blog

This site is Gunny Approved
Lost Battalions (P)

Author Topic: What unit do you portray?  (Read 52411 times)

Offline Reichpapers

• Boot
Re: What unit do you portray?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 09:03:16 AM »
I?ve been into the hobby since 1999.  I started out in Bob Petner?s 45th Infanterie Division.  Then I moved on to 7th Kompanie GD, and currently I reside in Hoch 4, Gebirgs unit with Neil Heaver. (names added for familiarization).

Andreas K. Odemer

Ewald Koch

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »
SS Gebirgsj?ger from SS Gebirgsj?ger-Regiment 12 "Michael Gai?mair". The unit fought in Finland 1941-44, first against the Soviets together with Finns and after the cease-fire briefly against the Finns before transferred to Western Front for "Operation Nordwind".

SS Gebirgsj?ger of "Michael Gai?mair" and its sister regiment "Reinhard Heydrich" were masters of forest warfare (after being taught by Finns) and long range patrols.

Our unit was founded in early 2006, I have been doing re-enacting since 1993 and I think I can honestly claim to be the first re-enactor in this country!

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline C.Schultz

• Boot
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »
Started doing WW2 in 2003.  I portray a Waffen SS Panzer Grenadier with the national LSSAH unit. www.lssah.com

Offline LAH Thaler

• Boot
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 07:30:52 PM »
This February will mark my 25th anniversary in the 1st SS LAH (the "National" one).  Started out as a Kandidat in February 1982 and by virtue of the "Peter Principle", am now the Kommandeur.  ;)   It's the only unit I've ever re-enacted with.

Dale Taylor

Offline historymuseum2000

• Plebe
  • "A noble heart embiggens the smallest man"
    • II. FJR. 6
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 12:02:45 AM »
I have done WWII German since about 2000. I first started out briefly in the LAH ( Great unit, but I realized my interests lays more with the common Heer soldaten.) Now I have a nice generic mid to late war impression and could jump in anywhere.

I have been toying with the idea ( and doing research on) the LWFD and I have thought that would be a cool impression to do. Would allow for interesting combinations of uniforms and equipment.

I also belong to the Volkssturmm list and have been trying to get to an event as VSM for a couple of years now and meet up with Otto and Herr Rip.

Too much fun to have and not enough time!

Best to all.

Lee
Lee Drake

Jaeger Leopold Kloepper 7./FJR.6

Offline h?lz21pz

• Boot
    • 21st Panzer
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 12:21:50 PM »
Another 21st PZ member here! I started in 2003.  During that time I've played a rifleman, "Sani", and I'm looking into a funker impression. I like alternate impressions besides a shooter, but at the same time I like to portray troops that are organic to an infantry unit. Currently I have Gebirgsjager and Pionier impressions in the works.
-Marcus

Offline Gr?nenTeufel

• Boot
  • "The death or glory boys!"
    • The 17th Lancers - Duke of Cambridge's Own
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
Hey Fellas!
My name is Henry. I am an Obergefreiter with 1/FallschirmJ?ger Regiment 2, here in California. I also will continue to reenact with the 17th Lancers, once we get a site for WW1 events. I am building two secondary impressions. One is WW2 British Paratrooper and the other is W-SS Soldat.
Take care and see you at the front!

Offline lssah

• Boot
    • Leibstandarte Leitseite
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »
I have been with the National LSSAH unit since February 2003.  I started my reenacting career back in January 2000 with the TMHS 1.SS-Division "LSSAH", Aufkl?rungs Abteilung 1.  I have been reenacting now for 7 years, and look forward to many more years in the future.

Dewel
Dewel "Dieter" Ralls
SS-Oberscharf?hrer
Zugf?hrer 1.4
www.lssah.com

Offline tronny

• Boot
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2007, 01:03:16 AM »
yet a nother national LAH member, Ive only been with the unit for a little over a year, though.  No other reenacting experience besides them.

fjpionier

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »
Started in 1995 with 1st SS LAH (HRS), switched to 3./Fallschirm Pi Btl 1 in 2000 as a founding member, based on the east coast.  Been reenacting WWII for over 12 years now.  Also webmaster for the Reenactors Consumer Buyers Guide on our website.

Gluck Ab!

- Erich Loych
3./Fallschirm Pi Btl 1
www.greendevils.com

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 09:54:47 PM »
Was portraying the 18th Luftwaffe Feld Division, but it split up and fell apart.
Out of where? I'd be interested... getting kinda old to be a Gebirgsj?ger or whatever. :-0
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline SaniUffz352

• Boot
  • Sanitätsunteroffizier/SS Sturmmann Ernst Trömmel
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »
Gott in Himmel, I almost didn't give my plug to my secondary impression, I am a Marineartillerist with the Kustenabteilung... KM Gilt on Feldgrau ist sehr sexy :-)

Trummel
SS Sturmmann Ernst Trömmel--1./SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt 2 LSSAH (NW-RPS)
Formerly Sanitätsunteroffizier Trömmel & Truppenarzt for CHG Aachen Stadt I Abteilung (http://www.germanredcrossww2.com/index.html)
5te. Kompanie./916 Gren. Rgt./352. Inf. Div.(West Coast RPS/CHG)

Offline Kohlenklau

• Boot
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 01:51:04 PM »
Pretty much everything...

I've slowly assembled the wherewithal for FJ, Heer and W-SS in several combinations.  If only my real military duties gave me a chance to do more re-enacting...
Adrian Weale
KG Skanderbeg

Offline abzeichen

• Boot
  • Alle hund haben seinen Tag!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 10:55:04 PM »
I do two Heer units. In 1988 in lived in STL and started with I/ .38Jagerregiment. In the 90's I moved to the KC area, yet WWII reeacting was in its infact stage. As things progressed we have strated doing II/ .916 IR/VGR. Our web site is http://www.352nd-mlha.com/ I have enjoyed traveling for events, I have been as far as FIG and CA. I went to CA for a France 1940 event, that was nice to do early war for a change. I would like to see less elite units and more regular Heer units in WWII reeacting. I am enjoying all of the new uniform and equipment vendore there are now days. I wish we had this much choice back in the day.

Offline oif2vet

• Boot
    • 1.Ko, Fusilier Battalion 16, 16. Luftwaffe Field Division
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »
Hello,
I was getting my LFD impression together in 2003. Got mobilized and sent to Iraq all of 2004. So I actually started 2005. We have a small group in SE NC and VA. We do Fusilier Battalion 16, 16.Luftwaffe Field Division. There is mostly US ground and Airborne in my area. There is one Heer Unit in Fayettville, NC. But I wanted to do something different. LFD seemed the right choice.
Jimmy Nance/Feldwebel Gunter Hoffman
1. Kompanie, Fusilier Battalion 16
16. Luftwaffe Field Division

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 09:30:12 AM »
EMC Militaria -- Everything GI! (aff)