This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Best War Speeches  (Read 19128 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Best War Speeches
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:15:14 AM »
It doesn't get much better than this! 8) (Okay, you might think it does, but I bet you're wrong!) What's YOUR favourite movie speech? Post away... better ifyou can post a YouTube link  ;)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 01:31:05 AM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
Re: Best War Speeches
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
Horatio Hornblower? 

Offline Huntar

• Plebe
    • 9th Guards
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:54:45 AM »
the speech by the german officer in band of brothers was pretty good.

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »

Offline Karl Helweg

• Reenactor
    • Earngyld
Reverend Doaks sermon
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
http://ovta-org.blogspot.com/2008/10/september-26-reverend-doak-delivers.html

SERMON "My countrymen, you are about to set out on an expedition which is full of hardships and dangers, but which the Almighty will attend you. The Mother Country has her hand upon you, these American colonies , and takes that for which our fathers planted their homes in the wilderness - OUR LIBERTY. Taxation without representation and the quartering of soldiers in the homes of our people without their consent are evidence that the crown of England would take from the Americans Subjects the last vestige of freedom. Your brethren across the mountains are crying like Macedonians unto your help. God forbid that you should refuse to hear and answer their call - but the call of your brethren is not all. The enemy is marching hither to destroy your own homes. Brave men , you are not unacquainted with battle. Your hands have already been taught to war and your fingers to fight. You have wrested these beautiful valleys of the Holston , and Watauga from the savage hands. Will you tarry now until the other enemy carries fire and sword to your very doors? No, it shall not be. Go forth then in the strength of your manhood to the aid of your brethren, the defense of your liberty and the protection of your homes. And may the God of Justice be with you and give you victory." PRAYER "Let us pray. Almighty and gracious God! Thou hast been the refuge and strength of Thy people in all ages.. In times of sorest need we have learned to come to Thee - our Rock and our Fortress. Thou knowest the dangers and snares that surround us on march and in battle. Thou knowest the dangers that constantly threaten the humble, but well beloved homes which Thy servants have left behind them. O in Thy infinite mercy, save us from the cruel hand of the savage, and of the Tyrant. Save the unprotected homes while fathers and husbands and sons are far away fighting for freedom and helping the oppressed. Thou, who promised to protect the Sparrow in its flight, keep ceaseless watch, by day and by night, over our loved ones. The helpless women and little children, we commit to Thy care. Thou wilt not leave them or forsake them in times of loneliness and anxiety and terror. O God of Battle, Arise in thy might. Avenge the slaughter of thy people. Confound those who plot for our destruction. Crown this mighty effort with victory, and smite those who would exalt themselves against Liberty and Justice and Truth. Help us as good soldiers to wield the SWORD OF THE LORD AND GIDEON."

Arguably this lead to the unprecedented patriot victory at Kings Mountain which was the turning point of the Revolutionary War. 
-Karl

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 01:28:27 AM »
Here's another good un!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 01:33:10 AM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline redgene

• Boot
    • Down Home Gal
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 08:31:14 AM »
Love it Karl! :)  I'm a South Carolinian and have ancestors that were in the continental army as well as (I think) supplied them with dry goods, so there is a special place in my heart for anything coming from SC during the Rev War...

a few of my favs... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70csu2Z51sM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STcDMoQ4KT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

yes, I have a thing for David Wenham... LOL  :-*
~Reagen~