Forum > Confederate Area

women civil war reenactors

<< < (2/2)

tleve:
well thank you . I love to read so these sound great. That said ...... Come on Ladies , we have said that a women's section would be great so post , post , post.

Miss Melly:
Hello,
I am new to this site and have been reenacting for 5 years. My son does Civil War infantry, and has been a powder monkey and on artillery crew. I am a civilian. We have portrayed both Union and CSA persons.
 I would like to see some discussion on the authenticity of the dress and camp at events. I have seen some horrendous "getups" at recent events. I won't call them impressions because they were not even close! One man on an artillery crew had on brown jeans, modern belt, modern vest, sunglasses and rubber soled tennis shoes. This was a fairly large event. The ladies were even worse. Very age inappropriate. Modern fabrics, ball gowns strolling along in mid-day, modern hairstyles all over.
It is expensive to get your gear together. We did ours gradually, and borrowed whatever we didn't have. Our unit offers loans for up to three events to help out. I really hate to see such poor impressions. I would be upset to pay for an event, then not have accurate portrayal.
Ladies, I think we notice so much more than the men. They are busy on the field!
Post some of the "worst" you have seen!
Good Day,
Miss Melly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version