This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: New to the fourms.  (Read 4312 times)

Offline dbrown

• Boot
New to the fourms.
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »
Hello I am Dakota. I currently live in Odell,IL.I want to start reenacting but the thing is i am only 13 years old.I was wondering if there is any soviet or American units that will let me join. it doesn't mean i have to fight. If i can't join a unit I might just make a Hitler youth unit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:29:37 PM by dbrown »

Offline dbrown

• Boot
Re: New to the fourms.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 11:18:13 PM »
I really need someone to reply on my post.

Offline Karl Helweg

• Reenactor
    • Earngyld
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

Not one of my time periods but I know how frustrating it can be to try and get feed back on this forum.  Most folks lurk without registering so they cannot leave comments.  Are there any WW II airsoft folks near you that could be a starting point as you work on your kit? 
-Karl

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »
Hello I am Dakota. I currently live in Odell,IL.I want to start reenacting but the thing is i am only 13 years old.I was wondering if there is any soviet or American units that will let me join. it doesn't mean i have to fight. If i can't join a unit I might just make a Hitler youth unit.

Dakota, alas, the problem is, that in our litigious society nowadays, if you were to get hurt, some frigging ambulance chaser lawyer would immediately try and get your parents to sue anyone even remotely connected to the event, even if YOU did something patently unsafe after being instructed not to, etc. Lawyers truly ARE the bane of our modern day existence ;-( Most of us wish we COULD recruit younger people, but the damned legal profession is just out to get what they can get.

I suggest you save your money, buy good kit now, while it's still cheaper and study the impression a lot. When you're 18, there will be no shortage of units looking to recruit a young man who is well-kitted out and knowledgeable. I know that's not what you wish to hear, but it's the best advice I can give. Good luck J?nge!  O/
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.