This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: What unit do you portray?  (Read 8713 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
What unit do you portray?
« on: January 18, 2007, 08:47:09 PM »
Myself, I do German. A Schlesischen (Silesien) unit actually: I.R. 23. Actually, were you to get all particular about it, it's 1. Kompagnie/Infanterie-Regiment 23. Our website is at   http://www.ir23.org/ and we are recruiting.

What are we about? Well, we like to do it right, but we also realize that this is a H_O_B_B_Y something many reenactment units don't do. What does that mean? Well, certainly not a lapse in authenticity, but more a realization that it's not real and that real life often intrudes onthe fake life.

On the other hand, among the things we'd like to work on is using German (as much as possible) in the field, to do a lot of first-person portrayals, meaning we try and actually act like it's back then -- not for tourists or some half-baked notion of "edukatin' the publick" but instead, just for us. And we try and help our new members get outfitted, not just sell them our old cast-offs.

One thing we can reccommend RIGHT HERE is to go to Schipperfabrik for your kithttp://www.schipperfabrik.com/. Schipperfabrik makes, without a doubt, the BEST uniforms and equipment out there. Not only that, they specializein making things no one else does, such as German and French canteens, gas masks and other items that are hard to come by. Truly, a one-stop-shop!!

Anyway, if you're 18, live in the states (preferably in the East, but we have sister units in the West and MidWest), have the will and the ability to attain your kit, along with the desire to do it right -- give us a look!
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline West Front 1918

• Boot
Re: What unit do you portray?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »
  I'm in Marsh's unit IR23. I would like to do Roman too but I finally ran out of money  :)

Someday I'd like to do a dedicated 1918 Stormtrooper Impression.

Mike

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 03:26:45 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline C.Schultz

• Boot
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 11:10:37 PM »
I do a USMC impression 67th Company, 5th Marine Regiment, 2nd Division, AEF our unit website is www.67thco.org

Offline Transport

• Boot
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 09:03:26 AM »
Have done F&I and Rev War.  In to WW2 USMC and I belong to the China Marines-
http://home.centurytel.net/thechinamarines/

Have gained a big interest in WW1 learning my Paternal Grandfather served in the Great War in the 88th Division.  As there are scant few WW1 types around here another chap and myself just do a generic US impression not trying to focus on any one unit at this point.

Transport out
I would rather be historically accurate, than politically correct.

Offline Reb290

• Boot
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:18:16 PM »
Hello,
   I do a Confederate artillery We are the 1ST Company,Richmond howitzers. A little later on in life I might try and do a German world war one reenactment.
Aaron Bolis
Richmond Hoiwtzers

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:18:16 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)