This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Historic Sculpture...Sgt.Saunders  (Read 4731 times)

Offline Keropian

• Boot
Historic Sculpture...Sgt.Saunders
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »
Hello All,

I wasn't quite sure where to place this in the forum, but since I'm new here I thought reenactors and WWII historians may be interested to know of my sculpture work and the services I provide as a sculptor.

Last year, I created a 30" tall figure of Vic Morrow in his roll as Sergeant Saunders from the 60's tv show Combat! I created the work not only as a long time fan of the tv war drama, but because I've always had an interest in military genre throughout my life. It is my hope to work in the future with Veterans and interested groups to create memorials and monuments. It's great to working on large sculptures of historical subjects!

Much of the work to create the Saunders sculpture was from images of the actor while he was in the series, but I also gathered some WW II regalia and actually modeled the uniform myself for accuracy in sculpting the folds of the materials. It is important for me to see and sculpt what the body is doing underneath the clothing or it looks like a big bunch of dirty laundry.
So I do you use models a lot in my work, and may need to recruit some of you reenactors for a particular subject in the future. Do you live in the NY Area?

If you visit my website you will see a wide range of sculpture, from medallions to huge tigers on Comerica Park in Detroit, MI. I've had to keep my options open in order to survive for the past 30 years.

The Saunders figure is available in resin or bronze. There is also a small bust available in the same materials. If you're interested or have questions, feel free to contact me at the email provided or contact me through my website.

I'm sure to have some questions in the future about military history and regalia that you can help me with.

Here is an image and some links.

Mike Keropian
845-228-1306
Carmel, New York
Figure of Sgt.S: http://www.keropiansculpture.com/sgtsaunders.html
Bust of Vic Morrow: http://www.keropiansculpture.com/vicmorrow.html

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 09:31:46 PM by Keropian »

Offline Saboteur

• Boot
    • Section Speciale de Sabotage - FFI
Re: Historic Sculpture...Sgt.Saunders
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:58:03 PM »
Holy crap, those are excellent ! A good friend of my is Terry Jones who does very large pieces for parks etc. I know all the work he put into them. Well Done !