This site is Gunny Approved

Linked Events

• Military Through the Ages: March 16, 2013 - March 17, 2013

Author Topic: 'Military Through the Ages' at Jamestown Settlement  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
'Military Through the Ages' at Jamestown Settlement
« on: March 08, 2013, 01:11:51 AM »
'Military Through the Ages'
at Jamestown Settlement
More Than 30 Units to Depict First Century to Modern Times

March 16-17, 2013

Hundreds of reenactors depicting armed forces from the first century A.D. to modern times will come together on March 16 and 17 for Jamestown Settlement?s annual ?Military Through the Ages.?

This year?s chronological display of military history will feature 35 groups based in Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey.

Ancient Romans to Virginia Army National Guard
Reenactors will portray soldiers and military encounters from Roman and Celtic times, medieval period, Hundred Years? War, War of the Roses, French and Indian War, American Revolution, War of 1812, and American Civil War. Reenactors representing World Wars I and II, and the Vietnam War will take visitors through the 20th century, with the Virginia Army National Guard representing the present.

Among the units participating in 2013, the third year of the American Civil War?s 150th anniversary, are two Union units ? the ?3rd U.S. Regular Infantry? and ?U.S.S. Aroostook? ? and two Confederate units ? ?23rd Virginia Infantry? and ?Norfolk Light Artillery Blues.? Ground troops will demonstrate military drills, uniforms and period cooking.

Artillery Firings, Children's Parade, Military Pass-in-Review
Four centuries of artillery will be demonstrated near the riverfront discovery area at noon Saturday and Sunday, featuring the firing of several guns ? a 17th-century swivel gun and falcon, early 18th-century naval deck gun by the ?Crewe of the Archangel,? Revolutionary War six-pound brass battalion gun, Civil War 12-pound field howitzer by the "Norfolk Light Artillery Blues," and a Virginia Army National Guard howitzer.

A children's parade at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 16, will allow young ?troops? to march through the museum?s re-created colonial fort and reenactor campsites to formally present ribbons to each of the participating military units.

A military pass-in-review will take place at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 17, and will include recognition of reenactor units judged on camp sites, clothing and cooking presentations, and field demonstrations.
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.