Forum > 1600-1800 Events

Getting ready for Locust Grove

(1/3) > >>

Flamingos.r.us.:
 :PReally excited about Locust Grove in Louisville, Ky. this weekend.  All the apprehensions, though.  It's a new event for us but know quite a few people who are attending.  Just the regular fall check list of what ifs... what if it rains...what if its cold...what if we forget our tent stakes... what if I forget the ONE essential item of clothing (stockings, glasses, shift, gasp!! clean underwear)
Anyone else out there with similar tales?  It's just me and my hubby, and I get worked up worrying about bringing everything just for the two of us.. I can't imagine being responsible for kids and all their needs!
One of the best time of the events?  That first few minutes in the car, knowing everything is packed and we are ON OUR WAY.  Second best?  Camp is set up and I know I have a cozy bed all ready for the night (jammies tucked safely under the pillow).
Nicest time, Saturday afternoon, looking forward to Saturday night's festivities ;)

Codybear:
Is Locust Groove a pretty big event.  I live maybe a couple hours away but dont know yet if i will be able to attend.  We did attend Feast of the Hunters Moon and had a blast.  I'm still drinking homemade rootbeer. 

Rockman:
Not sure, but I think this isw the third or fourth year for it.  The word is, it's been getting bigger each year and it rivals whart the Mansker's Station event was in it's heyday.  Plenty of quality sutlers & crafters, if you have an 18th c. shopping list. It wouldn't be a waste of your time.  Especially if you're that close to it.

Bonnie aka blnzrfn:
I wish we could go but our bank account is bust  lol    My mom , one event  had all of our gear packed and made sure all of us had our pack baskets(always put in last so we could change first thing) got all the way to Battle Ground and found out she left her's by the Foot of her bed(she could have killed us LOL) .She was not a Happy Camper had to put an outfit together with help from all over camp...It turned into one of those "Remember the Time" stories we all laugh about..I miss the events at Battle Ground (Indiana)      Well have fun everyone ;D

Flamingos.r.us.:
Your mom left her pack basket full of her period clothes?  Isn't that like the nightmare we all have of going to work totally naked? :laugh: :laugh: My friends two weeks ago went to a 17th C. event at St. Mary's City, Md. and forgot the tent stakes.  Did I mention that their tent is a one pole marquee that uses rope tension on the sides?(i.e.  stakes are VERY important)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version