Forum > WWII Civilian Area

Civilians in WW2 tactical events

<< < (2/5) > >>

battlebaby4:
I  believe civilians would be great in judged tacticals like we did in CW many years ago in Rockton , Canada or Brush Creek,PA.
 Theses tacticals was great. A sniper would kill off the officers,NCO's, privates would have to figure what to do. Run into sick civilians, give them food, water ect. Get info from them. We had hooker's one time too with them.
A unit could get 10 pts per station or lose 10 pts too. Bad tactics, poor hit taking, mean to friendly civilians ect. We would be attacked by cav and have to fend them off. Canon shots ect. All was in period talking,food everything. If you were caught talking about modern stuff, points lost ect.
 For WW 2 we could do a whole lot more. Many units would find out if they could really make it or not. Could change the outlook for many folks, a thinking tactical with real missions and plans.
I'm game to start one again--

Pat

Philonivs Maximvs:
Sweet... where abouts are you?

I only have a handful of scattered people that I've talked to here in the Midwest that would be willing to do it. We'll see.... I keep talking it up, maybe soon we'll start having some interest.

dbloge:
im from the midwest as well.........i think tacticals should be for uniformed troops only.........if your a civilian without a weapon you are useless........tacticals are a time for units to work together and improve their impression..........its not only for busting caps..........if you want to do an impression that is non german or american.................how about russian.....their numbers can use the help

doug
2nd panzer

Philonivs Maximvs:
Well, some of us are just thinking of one of the major missing factors in reenacting... that is of civilians "getting in the way" or helping out either side. I think civilians can introduce a "wild card" into the same old bang-bang-shootemups that you have now. Troops historically were always running into civilians, and besides constant artillery barrages, it's the one detail that we could easily fix with the proper people. Sure, the regular units can keep shooting... I don't understand where you think civilian impressions would be that useless.

I'm lost as to how tacticals can be used to improve impressions though.... I thought that was what the time in between events was! You know: ordering things, sewing up stuff, making props, etc. I tend to think that a unit's overall impression goes DOWN several notches at tacticals just by the nature of it all: shooting blanks at each other, putting up with people calling hits & acting like babies, the usual. I'm not saying that tacticals are stupid, they just have limitations. But it can be more, in my opinion. I also think that public displays, or better yet immersion events where you don't necessarily shoot (or even have an adversary... just "live" in the moment), are better avenues for authenticity & realism.

And I DO Russian already, but thanks :)

adam:
I would think that, if you're interested in improving your impression, adding civilians to the mix would be a plus. Think about it: you're already keyed up knowing that you're going to be engaged with the enemy and you run into some civilians. What are they doing here? Are they lost or are they resistance? If you let them pass (after checking their papers, of course), are they going go about their business, or is their business killing you? Are you walking into a trap, have they reported your movements to the enemy, are you going to be caught in a crossfire between the enemy and those same kind citizens you just let pass? It goes the same for both sides. So, yeah, I would think civilians would be a usefull way to improve one's impression.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version