Forum > General Discussion

New forum for female reenactors

<< < (3/3)

Flamingos.r.us.:
Boy, you really were a member of the old group if you remember Lou and Judy Forbes.  I kindof associated with Campeau's unit out of Detroit back then.  The Forbes' were good people, doing extensive research for their time.  Of course, I was just a teenager then who didn't know crap about anything, just going to have a good time.  It wasn't until I worked at Valley Forge as a park ranger/historic interpreter did I go over to "THE DARK SIDE", also known as thread counters, accuracy nazis, history heads...you get the picture.  If you need any help getting some girly stuff together, I always love a good sewing weekend.  The offers out there.  :)

Bonnie aka blnzrfn:
LOL :laugh:My brothers and I use to fetch Lou and Judys..wood and water when we were kids...LOL... I realy miss Judy...I use to hang around just to run errans..I still have my well worn copy of "Historic Colonial French Dress" (A Guide to Re-creating North American French Clothing) By Mary Moyars Johnson with Judy Forbes and Kathy Delaney...(its my clothing bible) LOL ...I got my copy when I was 14.. As a mater of fact..There is a picture of my mom infront of our camp on page 109 in "The Book of Buckskinning III " My mom is in the center sewing and thats Bobby on the right side (that was taken at thr Feast(camp sandburr).......The French group was fairly strict..."The Dark Side" is good...  ;D Authentic material around, authentic fires.......Thank you for the offer.....Iam in Central Indiana......blnz

Sturmkatze:
If you're starting a new discussion, you should click the button :-0 Otherwise it stays in this topic...  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version