This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 131043 times)

Offline Cornelius

• Boot
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »
Good morning,

I'm new to the forum, and to reenactment as such. I have visited an event once or twice, and am looking into it, to possibly get fully into it.

The forum looks great!

S

Offline Mattiavelli

• Boot
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2010, 06:57:50 PM »
Same here; just attended the Marching Through History Exposition in early October; my daughter has joined the Clan Mac Colin, but my son and I were fascinated with the British Revolutionary War reenactors; they gave an amazing performance both on the battlefield, and back in camp with the Court Martial of Cpl. Stein (and subsequent execution of the rascal, of course).

Very interested in getting involved and learning more about living history.

Offline 101stABNSsgt

• Boot
« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »
Hi folks!  Just found my way into the forum here and figured I'd say hello.  I've been tinkering with LH displays for about 5 years or so...and my closet looks more like a surplus store than a usable place for hanging clothing lol.  My main impression is a Staff Sergeant in E Co., 2nd. Btn., 506th PIR (yes I know everyone does that one).

As of right now I've acquired quite a few weapons (all but 2 actually fire) and a myriad of different odds and ends, such as a working field phonograph and a mine detection unit.  I'm always on the lookout for interesting items related to the Airborne divisions as well as miscellaneous little items that the general public find interesting.  My main reason for this hobby is to educate people about the history of the Airborne, as well as have some fun doing it!

I know this was a bit long winded but my fingers got carried away.  Looking forward to many interesting and informative threads in here  ;D.
"There are old soldier's, and bold soldiers, but there are no old, bold soldiers."

Offline HippyChic

• Boot
    • Ancient City Inn Bed and Breakfast
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Carri Donnan...aka hippychic
My Husband Will and I own Ancient City Inn in St. Augustine fl. We love history and especially anything about our towns history. We are joining a local group called men of Menendez and will do our first reenactment at Drake's raid in june. We would really appreciate any advise on 16th peasant clothing. I was told I'd be a cook so I know an apron is in my future....LOL
Please feel free to PM me if you are a local and want to meet in person. I look forward to making lots of friends from all over the world. What a GREAT hobby this is gonna be. I can feel it in me bones!!!
Hippychic

Offline monimus

• Boot
« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2011, 04:32:00 AM »
Hi,
I send few words from France concerning our group specialized in the Roman army of Cesar.
We propose several typical characters of the period such as legionaries, a bowman (cretan archer), a balearic slinger, a surgeon, auxiliaries, a germanic mercenary, a lupa

Glad to be present on your forum

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2011, 12:29:55 AM »
Ave Monimus! Welcome to r.Net!!
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Roibeard

• Boot
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
Hey everyone,
Here in Kansas coaching and playing Hurling, it's an Irish sport for those who don't know  ;). It's especially fun in this lovely weather we've been having here lately lol. Not much for ancient reenacting around here at the moment, but I am pretty interested in it.

P.S. website looks great.

Offline AleseBraun

• Boot
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:42 PM »
Glad is stumbled across this site. I am new to this hobby and would like to meet people and get more information.  Hope to make a few new friends! I am so excited! ;D
Micki aka Alese Braun

Offline The Don

• Boot
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
Hello Everyone

I am new here and am wanting to start reenacting but need some guidance because I am green as all get out. Never seen a reenactment live but watched hours of footage online. Looks like a lot of fun.

Don

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »
Hello Everyone

I am new here and am wanting to start reenacting but need some guidance because I am green as all get out. Never seen a reenactment live but watched hours of footage online. Looks like a lot of fun.

Don
Don, where do you live? How old are you? Which time period are you wanting to do?
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline The Don

• Boot
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2011, 12:34:08 PM »

Don, where do you live? How old are you? Which time period are you wanting to do?
[/quote]

I am 20 soon to be 21 and am interested in doing WWII German but I am not opposed to doing American. What is easier? If there is an easy one!

Offline Kathy

• She Who Makes Things Work
  • Administrator
  • Plebe
    • Kathy's FirstFitness Site
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2011, 01:37:47 AM »
Hi Don,

Marsh is in the middle of moving, 0| so Sorry for the delay in answering your question.  He should be back with his reply soon. ;) 

Kathy :D 
KATHY

Offline Funkerin

• Boot
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2011, 06:04:38 PM »
Hi, I've been  recording my German Dad's experiences as a signal-man (Funker) in the Wehrmacht. Drafted into 1-Schlachtgeschwader Luftwaffe and 6th Division Fallschirmjager, He was a radio-man, receiving/sending Morse code including on the Enigma machines. Dad was a POW in American-administered Camp at Attichy France. (Dad was NOT in Nxxx party)
Seeking WWII reenactments in the PA/VA/WVa/MD/DE/NJ areas.
 Also interested in corresponding concerning Dad's Wehrmacht divisions, prison experiences and radio(Funkwehr).

Thanks for reading!, Lillian (Baltimore)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:29:16 AM by Funkerin »

Offline Beegum

• Boot
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »
Hi Folks...My name  is  Phil  Kirdulis.  I have been  reenacting  since  around  1985...(I think) ??? I  started  doing  American Civil  War  with  John  Callahan  in the  5th  Alabama  Infantry  Battalion, Archer's Brigade.  (first Confederate  unit  into Gettysburg).  I  took  the name  Beegum, an actual  person  of the 5th  that wore a tophat or "beegum". I did too in my impression.  Did that for awhile until the unit morphed into  the  36th Alabama Infantry Regiment.  As  my kids got  older (and  in the Massachusetts  school system) and were told by teachers that  I was representing  the  "EVIL"  side..I decided  to  join a Union unit..the 25th Mass.  Infantry Regiment (a unit that included actual relatives  of mine on it's original roster.)  After  a few years.. I  decided  to reenact  the   French  and Indian  War  period...  I  am  a native  New Englander  and  Love  the  area  and  it's  history.  Met  my present  unit, the  3rd  Mass. Provincial  Regiment,  an  F&I  unit  that  fought  in  many  of  the area's  battles,  at  Fort @ No. 4,  Charlestown, NH  (Love  that  place).

I  love  history, weapons,  the  great  outdoors,  New  England.  I  was  an  Army  Reserve Infantry  officer  for  10 years. All  in various  companies of the 3rd Bn.,  35th  Infantry Regt.  187th  Infantry Brigade (Sep.).  I  was a rifle platoon  leader,  81mm mortar  platoon leader,  Company XO,  Bn S-2  and proud Company Commander  of  Co. A, 3/35th Inf....   Well  that's  me...Glad  to  be here...YHOS..Phil  Kirdulis,  "Beegum"

Offline Balaklava

• Trooper
  • 93rd Sutherland Highlanders 1854 Crimean War
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
Hey Phil, thanks for you service to this country. Welcome to the Forum, lots of great floks here. Best to you in your endeavors in the hobby - looks like you have been around quite a bit already !

Cheers, Johnnie, 93rd Highlanders 1812-1858.
*Please consider the environment before printing*