This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: So what is everyone working on???  (Read 9623 times)

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
So what is everyone working on???
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
Hello
Hello everyone how is everyone ??
So what is everyone working on or finished over the winter??
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
Re: So what is everyone working on???
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »
So with afew short weeks till x-mas I've started making Rosettes for my little Bri (she's 2)this is the first time in about 16 years I've done any bead work (wish me luck ) I'll post pic's good or bad when there done . So what's everyone else working on .

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »
I got those beaded rosettes done and a pair of 18thcentury pants for my son and a ribbon dress for Bri ...Sooo what is everyone else working on????? Can't wait to hear .... -((0))-
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:42:43 PM by blnzrfn »

Offline redgene

• Boot
    • Down Home Gal
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 10:55:44 AM »
Hi!  Reviving an old thread... :)  I just started reenacting and love it! In January 2010 I'll be training on muskets and cannons! WOOT!!!! I'm also in the early stages of learning to use a sewing machine. I'm planning on making my own costume and will hopefully attempt making them for my kids, though that is a long way off!  I will machine sew any hidden seams and will try to hand stitch anything visible.  The time period I'm doing is 1670-1680 Charles Towne settler. There is another themed event at Charles Towne Landing on December 12. I don't know yet if I'll be able to do that one.
~Reagen~

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:59:27 AM »
Hey welcome to the thread ..... ;D . I haven't been on in awhile life keeps getting in the way ....LOL . Well for starters Welcome to reenacting . I haven't got any sewing done since this past fall . I did manage to get a jacket and petticoat done for my sis before our fall event that we love so much at Wolf Creek . Did you make the event in Dec ? Well Happy Sewing .....

Offline redgene

• Boot
    • Down Home Gal
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:17:41 AM »
I so hear you on life getting in the way! LOL :)  I did make the December event (all I do is at Charles Towne Landing) however we had to stop early because of rain.  I think we had a total of six to eight people walk through in like four hours! LOL So when the rain picked up, we packed up.  We did Twelfth Night celebrations including eating a Twelfth Night Cake. One of the male reenactors got the pea so he had to wear the queen's hat! Too funny! :)  We had fun. Two of the guys there are big cut-ups so they were goofing off, doing scenes from Monty Python's Holy Grail movie as well as their own improve, and we were laughing so hard we were crying!  I haven't yet begun to work on any costumes for me or my kids.  I was knitting over Christmas and ended up getting an order from a friend so I got busy with that. Now I am trying to catch up on laundry at home...  :P  April is the next big event (I think they have one in Feb and one in March but April's is the year's biggest themed event) so I hope to at least have something for one or more of my kids since they do have costumes I can use there.

Unfortunately, I had a medical issue decide to not be ignored further and had diagnostic laparascopy this month so I missed the musket training and I will be missing the cannon training this weekend b/c we will be out of town. They won't do it again until August, but que sera, sera... :(  Toby (my 3 yr old son) and I were there yesterday, working in the crop garden.  I love doing that. Naturally they don't use any chemicals to 'help' grow anything as the settlers didn't have it so when I get my hands into that cool soil and know it's fresh, it's just the best feeling! Toby'll eat the carrots straight out the ground! Probably the healthiest thing he's ever eaten! LOL

At any rate, now that things are (sorta) returning to normal maybe I can start working on something for Toby. I'm thinking since he's 3 yrs old that a shift and maybe basic underpants (trousers) would be good for him. For my 6 yr old, I know it's farbish, I was going to try and convert a pirate costume but maybe make a real shift for him. But we'll see. ;)

Well I gotta run but thanks for checking in. No worries about not being online much, I know the feeling! :)  Hope all is well for you!!!
~Reagen~