Forum > Mid-Atlantic Region USA

1939-40 Heer Unit

<< < (2/2)

Antonescu:
LOL, right now my earliest I can go is summer 1941 in the southern Ukraine. Just got to change puttees' to gaiters'. Of course I could just throw on my doughboy uniform and go British I guess.

prgeyer:
This is a pretty old thread, and I'm getting the red warning that I might want to consider starting a new topic, but I'm feeling ornery so I'm just going to add to this one.

As exciting as it has been receiving the flood of responses about my Heer unit that only does 1940 (Marsh, is there a way we can import the sound of crickets chirping in the background here?), it was interesting to look back at this post all this time later to see that there was interest in 1940 British as well.  Since this original post, there are about a half dozen guys in and around northern Virginia who are giving 1940 BEF a real shot.  We've attended one event already, and are actively preparing for at least 3 more in the near to mid-term future.  It's an even more challenging impression to get right than 1940 Heer is, but it is just as satisfying.

I still am actively participating with IR104, and we are always looking for people who really want to explore early war.  At the same time, if you are hyper anal retentive, in good physical condition (we MARCH!), live in the northern VA/DC area, and want to explore 1940 BEF with guys who really want to do this rare impression, shoot me a PM.

Peter

Antonescu:
Almost have everything for a 1940 Polizei impression (the one's administered by the SS). ;D

prgeyer:
Excellent!  When will I get to see that?  Of course, the related question is when will any of us get a chance to do 1940?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version