This site is Gunny Approved

Hessen Antique (aff)

Author Topic: WWII weekend in Sparta , nj UPDATE  (Read 6295 times)

Offline tleve

• Reenactor
    • the living history alliance
WWII weekend in Sparta , nj UPDATE
« on: August 21, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »
ok, here is the info i have right now, i am still working some of the other things out. we still need any units that want to come. since it is in a new location i want it to be as big as poss.

Dear Sir,

we have held our WWII weekend for the past 3 years, this is the first time at this location . It will be held at the Sparta , NJ Van Kirk House Museum. it is a small museum but has a lot of land. we have sent out invites to guest speakers, we have a small home front display , swing dance lessons and then our swing USO dinner dance. last year our dance raised 1,000.00 for the USO. our event this changing a little this ear due to the location , we usual have it set in a "Camp "  where there is a USO troop . this year it is going to be set up a little different using the house in the "Camp". we also are invited the Wonders car club , the MTA group ( military transport association ) to show their Vachel's. the last 3 yrs. we had out 100-300 guests come through our event. it is a great way to recruit . i can't say that it will be that way this year since it is in a new location , i know that i will lose people for saying that but i want people to know the truth rather  then lie and never get them to work with us again.

i hope you will consider our event.
" No Good Deed Goes Unpunished "

Offline Antonescu

• Reenactor
  • "Soldiers, cross the River Prut"
    • WWII Living History Association
Re: WWII weekend in Sparta , nj UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:43:18 AM »
This actually looks good since it is helping the USO plus close to NYC! Too bac can't make it right now due to a newborn but will keep it in mind for next year.
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it" George Santayana (1863-1952)
4th SS Polizei Division http://www.wwiilha.com/4thssmain.html
318th, 80th ID AEF http://www.hardscrabblefarm.com/80th/

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:43:18 AM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline tleve

• Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
oh, come on i have a 6mo. old and i am running(SP) the event LOL. just kidding . i understand it is hard to do this stuff with a baby. i am already working on making it bigger for next year.

Offline tleve

• Reenactor
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »
Join The Living History Alliance and The Sparta Historical Society as they step back to War Time 1940's on Oct 18 and 19 2008 . Held at the Van Kirk House museum - 336 main street Sparta .

Allied units will set up tents showing what soldiers had with them during WWII. Displays showing home life , 40's cars , military vehicles, a medic tent and much more. With special guest WWII veterans and  The Military Transport Association. Refreshments will be sold throughout  both days to sponsor the Sparta Elks Club. Saturday night dress in your best 40's outfit and come dance the night away at our USO benefit swing dinner dance, all profits go to help the USO.\\units will represent GI Infantry Divisions, Signals Corp., Medics and many others. Home front display will offer ration cooking classes and a children's adventure area with a special guest. Saturday and Sunday the camp opens to the public at 10am and closes at 5pm.

Saturday night's USO dinner dance will start at 6pm and will feature WWII radio broadcasts and your favorite Swing hits. 40's dress is encouraged but not required . tickets are $10 , Seniors and Veterans $5 and are sold throughout the day Saturday and at the door Saturday night. All process from the dance will got help the USO.

Calling All Veterans!!! Along with he other activities taking place this weekend we are asking all veterans to come and be interviewed for the Library of Congress Oral History Collection. We will be interviewing throughout Saturday , we ask that anyone wishing to be interviewed please bring any letters, photos or war time memorabilia with them to be scanned and sent with their interview.

for more information on this event please contact The Living History Alliance at 973-841-0941 or livinghistoryalliance@yahoo.com

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:44:43 PM »
Hessen Antique (aff)