Forum > Off-Topic Stuff

2008 Election

<< < (3/4) > >>

groomporter:
This was debunked by factcheck.org back in November.

"Obama was not talking about a "security force" with guns or police powers. He was talking specifically about expanding AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and the USA Freedom Corps, which is the volunteer initiative launched by the Bush administration after the attacks of 9/11,"
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obama_planning_a_gestapo-like_civilian_national.html

Antonescu:

--- Quote from: groomporter on January 03, 2009, 12:04:25 PM ---This was debunked by factcheck.org back in November.

"Obama was not talking about a "security force" with guns or police powers. He was talking specifically about expanding AmeriCorps and the Peace Corps and the USA Freedom Corps, which is the volunteer initiative launched by the Bush administration after the attacks of 9/11,"
http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obama_planning_a_gestapo-like_civilian_national.html

--- End quote ---

Look at the source of the website: Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Hate to tell you this but the Ivy League schools are not in the middle or to the right but to the left in practice. Wouldn't take it for what it is worth. In fact, most schools in this country have left views (faculty/administration) and if you speak out not a good thing. Know a couple of professors there at UPenn and they do not speak against the left or they would be marked. They are from Eastern Europe and if anyone knows what the left can be like they do but they value their positions so stay quiet. Of course the right is going to take the opposite extreme as well. It comes down to what the Founding Fathers believed when they set up the Electorial College: The average citizen will not care enough, follow politics enough or be smart enough to make a proper, educated decision but follow what is being told to them. Sadly, the Electorial College has left what it was set up for: correcting the average voter.

groomporter:

--- Quote from: Antonescu on January 03, 2009, 02:11:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: groomporter on January 03, 2009, 12:04:25 PM ---This was debunked by factcheck.org back in November.

--- End quote ---

Look at the source of the website: Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Hate to tell you this but the Ivy League schools are not in the middle or to the right but to the left in practice. Wouldn't take it for what it is worth.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps, but if you look at the adverts and rumors they examined during the campaign I found them to be pretty even handed.

Rockman:
Well lads, inauguration day isn't too far off from now.... it'd be my guess that we won't have a long wait to see how they intend to screw with things.  Judging by the regular media, the obsessive adoration with their messiah is on going.  --You'd think that the sun never shone before election day!! Nauseating, that! Just hold on tight, and don't be too surpised at developing events.  I still think that we're in for an uncomfortable ride.

Sturmkatze:
I saw the Globe (??) had the whole cover saying he wasn't born here.... Like I've been saying for 5 months. Duh! Lookee HERE  0|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version