This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: FYI for all pirates  (Read 5857 times)

Offline Flamingos.r.us.

• Plebe
FYI for all pirates
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:37:23 PM »
Just a note for all you pirates out there.  Every year on the first weekend of December (the official end of Hurricane season) there is a pirate festival in Key West, Fla.  My husband and I were going to attend this year, but were invited to attend with friends the Grand Illumination in St. Augustine, Fla.
  Since we are not going this year, our friends have agreed to attend the pirate festival with us next year(2008).  I've heard good things about the festival, and that it's on the road to becoming better and better, and lets face it, where better to celebrate being a pirate than in Key West!!
  Our group is based in Northwest Ohio and while some are planning on driving, my husband and I have discovered a great flight deal.  Through Skybus, which is based in Colombus, Ohio, there is the chance to get one way tickets for only $10 if booked early enough.  It only goes to a limited number of cities, but it's worth checking out for those long (20+ hour drives!) reenactments!
the flamingos are my minions.

Offline Sterling

• Trooper
  • An eye fer an eye
    • Crewe of the Archangel
Re: FYI for all pirates
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:53:55 PM »
The Key West event is called Pirates in Paradise, just to help jog the memory **grin**   This will be the first year that some of the Archangel Crewe will be attending...sorry you won't be making it as well.  Thank you for posting the info about Skybus, will be sharing it with others that plan on attending..

Sterling
Sterling