Forum > WWII Events

The Bridge at Remagen, Tidioute ,PA August, 7,8 '09

<< < (2/4) > >>

battlebaby4:
I am getting alot of German units that are intrested in this event. That is a good thing. As for Allies just us as the host unit. Do regular american infantry want to do a Remagen Bridge battle?
 We too are going to try to have a tactical, a quality one. No BANG, BANG your Dead. If people travel this far for a event we want to make it worth the time . effort and money. We have enough props for wire and road blocks from out past D-day event that we hosted in NY.Props won't be a issue.
 I too will need at least one or two half tracks for the bridge and town battle. Any owners close to me here in PA? They will be busy. Artillery will be nice too.

More info to come--

Pat

Antonescu:
Pat

If you open it just to plain infantry then might be able to send information to some units I know about. They are top notch and would never be an issue what so ever. One in fact has vehicles. Just let me know what you want to do and also what German units are coming? If any of the trouble ones then that will most likely hurt turnout for sure.

BigRedOneMedic:
I would love to attend, cant wait actually. Dose anyone know if any elements of the 1st ID will be attending, and is there any oficial web site for this thing or is this it.

I think it would be nice if the battle for the public remain historicaly corect, while the tactical can be incorect as long as its still WW2 of corse.

Im looking forward to it

Antonescu:
Pat

What is the update on this event? A lot of interest on both sides.

battlebaby4:
Hello,
 Sorry I have been away for so long. We are looking at possible early August for The Bridge at Remagen. I am in contact with the village and township. Each area will be working with us. This will become a big event to handle. We are going to keep it historical correct. Tidioute is a small town just like Remagen was. We are looking at everything. The snow is finally melting so by March will will be in full movement. Looking for camp sites, battle areas.
 If you would like to be added to my info list of units that may come  please e-mail me your name, unit address. I too have been talking to a possible TV / movie crew that may want to film this historic event. If you have a militray vehicle we love you to bring it to this event. We'll need them for the convoy / battle for the village to get to the bridge.
 Many of our props from our now defunct Dunkirk ,NY D-day / Dieppe Raid will be resued or rebuilt  for this event.
 I am back and will keep you all updated--

Pat A. Tarasovitch, Event Coordinator
      The Bridge at Remagen , 1945

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version