This site is Gunny Approved

Lost Battalions (P)

Author Topic: REPRODUCTION WORLD WAR ONE BRITISH ARMY OFFICERS UNIFORM  (Read 36802 times)

Offline ANGLOPHILE

• Boot
REPRODUCTION WORLD WAR ONE BRITISH ARMY OFFICERS UNIFORM
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:31:24 PM »
Hello everyone . Iam going to purchase a reproduction World War One British Army officers uniform . I have found the websites that are located below that sells them .

www.sutlers.co.uk

www.thehistorybunker.co.uk

www.replicaters.com

The first website sells there reproduction World War One British Army officers tunic for $568.75 it is made from fine quality barathea wool

The second website sells there reproduction World War One British Army officers tunic for $175.00 it is hand made in India from melton fabric 

The third website sells there reproduction World War One British Army officers uniform consisting of tunic and breeches for $199.00

I know that most of the time price does dictate the quality of whatever you are going to buy . And I am willing to spend the money in order to get quality as well as authenticity which of course means everything in reenacting . What Iam wanting to know is are there any British Army officer reenactors or Commonwealth officer reenactors who have purchased from anyone of these three websites and where you satisfied with your purchase . I love what Schipperfabrik , What Price Glory , and Great War Militaria sells but they do not sell reproduction British officers uniforms . Any comments or help would be greatly appreciated .

Allen

Offline Oskar_2ndChev

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
    • KB 2 Chevauleger "Thurn und Taxis"
Re: REPRODUCTION WORLD WAR ONE BRITISH ARMY OFFICERS UNIFORM
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
Stay away from Replicators- they're difficult to deal with and service and quality are often questionable. Some have had good luck with them but the feedback is mostly negative. I've also had four of our immediate WWI group have bad luck. Use with caution.
Adam Lid
aka Oskar Landschultz/Matthew Hawkins
3rd Squadron, 2nd Chevauleger
http://2chevauleger.org
Co. H, 2nd US Cavalry

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
Lost Battalions (P)

Offline ANGLOPHILE

• Boot
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
Thank you for writing . I will go with sutlers in the U.K. Expensive but worth every penny and I will be getting my moneys worth .

reenactor.Net, THE Online, Worldwide Home of Living History

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:04:36 PM »
Hessen Antique (aff)