Forum > General Discussion

Age appropriate impressions ?

<< < (2/2)

michaelsbagley:
North-West Ohio... Isn't that close to Fort Meigs? I've heard that "Muster on the Maumee" (sp?) is one of the better timeline events out there (it's in June I think), and does not Fort Meigs also do a good amount of other colonial events throughout the year?

Rockman:
Spot on, sir! I'm about 45 min. from Ft. Meigs.  Muster is a good place to see some quality impressions, and just about any time frame that you might want to see. Roman army to Gulf War. Father's Day weekend is when that event happens. --It's been usually the first hot event of the season.  I don't have their itinerary, but I know that they have a pretty decent F&I event there, as well as Rev War, and of course, 1812 events.  Really a nice site! I'm told it is the biggest period fort in North America.  It was at Muster about two years ago, that kind of prompted this topic thread of age appropriate impressions.  I was chatting it up with some Wehrmacht guys, and was flattered by an invitation to join up with them.  That's basicly what got me thinking about being an older guy joining up with a unit, and what would be a believable persona for anyone in that particular situation.

prgeyer:
Sorry to come so late to this thread.  If you're keen on WW2, one interesting fact that I've found from German records: at the time of the German invasion of France in 1940, 45% of the armed forces was over the age of 40.  Many of these guys were the seasoned vets of WW1, and their combat experience was extremely useful in making such short work of the French.  There aren't many events yet, but 1939-40 reenacting is extremely interesting to me.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version