This site is Gunny Approved

Poll

How much has your weekly food bill gone up every week?

A little
10%
25%
100%
More than 100%
Just crazy... I can't afford it
I might have to move back in w/ Mom and Dad
I'm going under
I'm looking at living in a cardboard box under a bridge

Author Topic: My brother's poll  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
My brother's poll
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:12:04 AM »
How much has your weekly food bill gone up every week? I have a theory that we have had an increase of 25% or more on all goods sold. Everything is moved by truck or train -- meaning with fuel and that has gone way up. At my business (autobody and upholstery) energy has gone up, paper, paint, tape, vinyl, glue, permits, insurance, bank fees, parts -- you get the idea.

There is no way to pay anyone more money because there's no where to pull the money from. 0| I've even had to let people go because I just cannot afford them anymore and... I've had to go back to working in the paint shop myself, just to survive this mess. And by the way, if you raise prices it won't help -- you'll just have the work leave for somewhere else. If you make a 10% profit (which I don't), the overall 25% increase puts you behind 15% -- that means if I can cut costs 15%, I can break even. That's no profit at all for me. The national average for body shops is 5-7%net profit. 7.00 per 100.00. 70.00 per thousand. The increase of 25% in my paint alone will eat at least half of that. What are your thoughts?
good luck, Jim Wise (Marsh's Brother)
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
Re: My brother's poll
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »
I would say 25%. 

On the other hand, certain foods such as milk, honey, and eggs just to name a few have gone up but it is a great deal due to the government not paying subsidies to the industry any more.  So in a way you are not paying that much more, you are just paying more out of pocket and not in taxes - to me the way it should be.

That aside, I believe you are correct.

Robb

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:05:38 PM »
Everyone is hurting  ;-(  We just found out our landlords are lossing their big house so guess what...Thats right we have to move so they have a place to move back too....Thats not the best part..We pay $500, the house up the road for rent  they wanted $600 jumped to $900...We have 2 months to find some place and no money to do it....1/3 of my husbands pay goes to just putting gas in the car to get back & forth to work...Our electric has doubled from last year this time....and food right now we're living out of our freezer,the only thing we buy is milk,eggs,bread,cheese and butter....we eat alot of soup.....LOL If I wasn't laughin  :laugh: I'd be cryin  :'(   I have no idea how they expect people to make it I realy don't.........
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"

Offline atlanticwallblanks

• Trooper
    • Atlantic Wall Blanks
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 07:53:50 AM »
I have noticed a large amount of food riots going on all over the world in the past few months.  This could get really interesting.

Robb

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:01:17 AM »
I have noticed a large amount of food riots going on all over the world in the past few months.  This could get really interesting.
I was noticing that too. There will reach a point where things will break down. I wonder if our idiot leader (who I voted for btw), will break with his oil cronies and finally come to the realization that the country is in deep shite!  oo-P Every day, the gas is going higher and i read in the papers how the oil companies are making record profits and they JUSTIFY it as okay. What crap!! :O>@ I sure hope another collapse of the oil industry happens like in the '80s; them Bastards!!

It seems we're in for an interesting ride this summer... wonder when the mass demonstrations will happen in DC? Think "W" will hang out or bug out of town... You KNOW most of the idiots in congress will bug out.
@<>~
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:03:00 AM by Sturmkatze »
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.