This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: New forum for female reenactors  (Read 9910 times)

Offline marloes

• Plebe
    • The Netherlands 1940-1945, Study and Living History Group
New forum for female reenactors
« on: July 04, 2007, 06:41:15 AM »
The owner of the fantastic site http://www.blitzkriegbaby.de has started a forum especially for women who do ww2 reenactment.

The Women For Victory Forum;
http://www.blitzkriegbaby.de/phpBB2/index.php

Authentic Radiobroadcasts for your display;
http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: New forum for female reenactors
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 03:06:49 AM »
Joeri,
Why don't you just ask me here?
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline marloes

• Plebe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 07:34:47 AM »
ask what?

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »
ask what?

To have a wimmin's forum here. :-0
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline marloes

• Plebe
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:39:06 PM »
Its not my forum baby ;)

Just got invited and spreading the word!

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:55:26 AM »
Okay, well, we need traffic here :-0
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org

Offline Bonnie aka blnzrfn

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 03:28:19 PM »
[/font]pt][/size] oo-P Well hello!!!!, Everyone I hope to see someone, anyone ??? Say hello back ;D  Well Iam going to "The Feast of the Hunters Moon" this weekend with the whole family this will be the first reenactment for my husband(took him to a Ren.Fair last weekend)he had fun...Well wish me luck.....doing research on the Golden age of Pyracy  for this new group we would like to try....Found out I have all the patterns I need already which was cool...Foundout petticoat breeches arent the way to go...well I have to go....Would love to chat with other ladies about reendactment thing so drop me a line     oo-P
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 11:39:21 AM by blnzrfn »
"as seen in Smoke and Fire News ; www.smoke-fire.com"

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 09:30:50 AM »
  ;DWell went to the ;D"Feastof the Hunters Moon"  ;DHad a lovely time.My husband (first timer : Cant wait till next year!)I think he's hooked.....next weekend were going toStoney Creek Rendezvous , Noblesville , IN  Oct 20-21   Of course I checked out all the lovely outfits and tried on like 20 hats..and got lots of ideas for things I'd like to make.....going to try to add pics
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 05:42:33 PM by blnzrfn »

Offline Flamingos.r.us.

• Plebe
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 01:27:22 AM »
I can't believe that you took your husband to such a huge event for a first timer.  That couldv'e easily have scared him off.  I've reenacted for over 25 years (started at age 14) and have seen alot of first timers brought by spouses that got freaked out.  It's great that the Feast got him hooked though.  Both my husband and I reenact, and it's nice to be able to share in a hobby that is so diverse that we can share it as well as do our own thing (he plays with cannons, I shop)
He and I are both at the "authenticity Nazi" level, meaning that we both have done alot of research in order to do a good job in our impressions.  Reenacting, living history, playing dress up, however you put it, is alot more fun if you and your spouse are about the same "level".  You'll also find that you will gravitate towards others in the hobby with the same outlook, research level and opinions.  We all participate at different levels --no one level is any better than the next-- the goal is to enjoy ourselves.  That's what "hobbies" are all about.  Enjoy the adventure you two have just begun!!
the flamingos are my minions.

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 12:11:04 PM »
 :laugh: Hello again!    Timmy doesn't scare easily lol (He married me)He had so much fun at the Feast he said he wished we could go back the next day (he had to work Sun :'()I also started reendacting when I was young .My parents started when I was 6 or 7.We belonged to a French group under Lou & Judy Forbes...and a Buckskinning( Wolf Creek) group...I think Coon was incharge back then not sure...till I was 14 or 15. lost touch with everyone when parents split.Rejoined Wolf Creek And a Scottish group under Glenn McClain when I was 20...Then lost touch with everyone 5 years ago when I met my husband..I'M Back (like a bad penny)Just cant get it out of my blood lol and my 13 year old son misses it alot.   Anyway LOL :laugh:  I think this is something we can all enjoy together..Me and my son have some real good laughs about some of the things that have happened over the years...just real goofy stuff...one weekend we lived on beef jerky ,apples ,cheese and handouts because it took every cent we had just to put gas in the Chevy and pay camp fees or the time our Chevy died because the back hatch didnt shut all the way after we unloaded. :-[WE had to get a jump from a FORD :-[ we got razzed about that all weekend....The year half our gear floated away with the Wabash river at the Feast (wasnt funny at the time)but we laugh about it now :laugh:   Well here I go again....I cant wait to share nw adventures with the whole family   LOL

Offline Flamingos.r.us.

• Plebe
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »
Boy, you really were a member of the old group if you remember Lou and Judy Forbes.  I kindof associated with Campeau's unit out of Detroit back then.  The Forbes' were good people, doing extensive research for their time.  Of course, I was just a teenager then who didn't know crap about anything, just going to have a good time.  It wasn't until I worked at Valley Forge as a park ranger/historic interpreter did I go over to "THE DARK SIDE", also known as thread counters, accuracy nazis, history heads...you get the picture.  If you need any help getting some girly stuff together, I always love a good sewing weekend.  The offers out there.  :)
the flamingos are my minions.

• Time Area Webmasters
  • Reenactor
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »
LOL :laugh:My brothers and I use to fetch Lou and Judys..wood and water when we were kids...LOL... I realy miss Judy...I use to hang around just to run errans..I still have my well worn copy of "Historic Colonial French Dress" (A Guide to Re-creating North American French Clothing) By Mary Moyars Johnson with Judy Forbes and Kathy Delaney...(its my clothing bible) LOL ...I got my copy when I was 14.. As a mater of fact..There is a picture of my mom infront of our camp on page 109 in "The Book of Buckskinning III " My mom is in the center sewing and thats Bobby on the right side (that was taken at thr Feast(camp sandburr).......The French group was fairly strict..."The Dark Side" is good...  ;D Authentic material around, authentic fires.......Thank you for the offer.....Iam in Central Indiana......blnz

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »
If you're starting a new discussion, you should click the button :-0 Otherwise it stays in this topic...  ;)
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org