This site is Gunny Approved

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 9731 times)

Offline marloes

• Plebe
    • The Netherlands 1940-1945, Study and Living History Group
Suggestions
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:47:03 PM »
If one may be so bold, can we make suggestions for this forum?
For instance, how about a sell & buy section?

Authentic Radiobroadcasts for your display;
http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
  • Oft muß Mann zum Teufel damit!
    • reenactor.Net
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »
Maybe. I don't know about auctions. Certainly we can add classifieds.  :D
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
My blog (boring!!): www.reppledepple.com
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org
-Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline marloes

• Plebe
    • The Netherlands 1940-1945, Study and Living History Group
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 02:54:31 PM »
yes thats the idea, simply allow people to post things they have for sale and put up a big huge disclaimer that the selling is at own risk, forum isnt responsible etc.
So just a little classified section so we can afford this expensive hobby by selling reenactment stuff to each other ;)

Authentic Radiobroadcasts for your display;
http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »
Give me a few days to get stuff under control. I think there's a mod for classifieds... I need to go look again. There's all KINDS of mods. Even ones to make google ads work here... we'll see. :-)
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But then I repeat myself.

Offline Reichpapers

• Boot
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
Just a little heads up.  I moderate over at mg42.us.  There are a few problems that seem to arise concerning a for sale section. 

1. You have people who come on the boards and register just to sell an item.  The solution we came up with is a minimum post count required to post in the for sale section.  If they did not have at least 5 posts they couldn't access the F/S section.

2. It should be required to post a picture of the item for sale.  Reduces the risk of fraud.

3. Some f/s posts start a shite storm that ends up becoming a major battle thread.  Seems that some folks don't agree with posted prices or item origins.

4.  There should be a review section for folks who frequently sell in the forums.  Lets people have a voice concerning the goods and bads of dealing with a vendor or individual.

5.  If asked of a moderator, the for sale post should be locked on request if the seller doesn't want a debate over his item.

That's my 2 cents.

Andreas K. Odemer

Offline odinfish

• Boot
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:33 AM »
I have a suggestion: Is there a way you can link the Roman Forum to a folder inside the Ancient World tab? I'm asking because the Roman Forum is limited to mainly "things-Roman" so-to-speak. Yes there are places for enemies of Rome and the History of Greece, but the Roman Forum does not provide adequate space for pre- or post-Roman discussions. There's a lot more ground to cover in the Ancient World than the Roman domination. I'm just asking for a similar set up as the rest of the eras are covered here.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Sturmkatze

• -=r.Net Actual=-
  • Administrator
  • Reenactor
    • reenactor.Net
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 09:37:52 AM »
I have a suggestion: Is there a way you can link the Roman Forum to a folder inside the Ancient World tab? I'm asking because the Roman Forum is limited to mainly "things-Roman" so-to-speak. Yes there are places for enemies of Rome and the History of Greece, but the Roman Forum does not provide adequate space for pre- or post-Roman discussions. There's a lot more ground to cover in the Ancient World than the Roman domination. I'm just asking for a similar set up as the rest of the eras are covered here.
Not today... I have, shall we say, a full day. It is unlikely... perhaps Jasper can do it. HIs username is: Praefectusclassis.
M.
Marsh Wise
www.reenactor.net
-1./J.R. 23 www.ir23.org

Offline matthias

• Boot
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 04:44:39 PM »
greetings, i was wondering if there was eventually going to be a Landsknecht forum here?? if so, that would be most swell!!

Herr Matthias Pogner
Webel, Kurriere des Todes Fahnlein

Offline lilkender

• Boot
    • My photo gallery
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 12:29:25 PM »
Guten tag Matthias,

I'll add forums for specific times/areas in the Middle Ages section when I see which are popular for discussion (and when I figure out how!) I can't wait to participate in a Landsknecht forum :)